Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 69
Message 11 of 13

Re: Camera blurry on Moto x4

We'd like to see how pictures turn out using the stock camera app. If you have a third-party camera, we'd like to see how it turns out as well. Can you share sample pictures please?

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

D8
Fanfold Paper
Views: 62
Message 12 of 13

I think some of the issue may be the type of focusing system the x4 uses. Most (almost all) cell cams focus by adjusting the lens to get the most contrast on the sensor. small movements don't change the image that much, The x4 focuses by Phase Detection. Basically the camera comparing two (or more) and when they match the frame is in focus. Since focus is on a pixel level a slight movement of the camera can totally change the pixels the camera is comparing and thus the searching / changing focus. I don't know if there is a way to set the focus length but you CAN tell the camera what area you want the camera to focus on. Drag the focus circle to what or where you wan the camera to focus on, release then press the circle and hold till a lock appears. There you go. Touch the screen again and the camera resets to default (I think).
Highlighted
MotoMan4657
Paper Tape
Views: 39
Message 13 of 13

Thanks to both of you for your posts. @D8: yes, i think you are right when talking about the focus system in general. The manual placement of the focus circle doesn't help, I tried this already before.. 

But I have made further test and found a solution (thanks to another post in this forum):

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-X4/1080p-video-slow-autofocus/td-p/4050975

The focus problem happens for me ONLY in FullHD 1080p/60fps (60 frames per second). If i choose 4k or FullHD 1080p/30fps the problem is gone.

So for everyone searching for a solution with a constantly lost focus during video try to change the resolution/fps.

Top Kudoed Authors