Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mrplasticsman
Paper Tape
Views: 94
Message 1 of 4

Can not remove notification "downloading English India language

I bought a Moto X4 and the email language is in Spanish. EVERYTHING I have found for language changes seem to only pertain to text and/or voice commands. 

I do not speak enough Spanish to understand what it is saying, so I have no idea if it is telling me how to change to English. It has become SO annoying because I can't seem to figure it out that I just want to dump the phone.

Anyone???

Mrplasticsman
Paper Tape
Views: 93
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can not remove notification "downloading English India language

HEY! i DIDN'T SAY anything about India!!

Rahul09
Punch Card
Views: 62
Message 3 of 4

Downloading English India language notification get cleared automatically after completing download. You need to connect your device with wifi (I think download is waiting for wifi connection). If you've already connected with wifi, it will get cleared after download. And you need to change your language settings for keyboard and google assistance manually, if current one( English India) is not based on your location.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 37
Message 4 of 4

@Mrplasticsman wrote:

I bought a Moto X4 and the email language is in Spanish. EVERYTHING I have found for language changes seem to only pertain to text and/or voice commands. 

I do not speak enough Spanish to understand what it is saying, so I have no idea if it is telling me how to change to English. It has become SO annoying because I can't seem to figure it out that I just want to dump the phone.

Anyone???

Hi Mrplasticsman,

Greetings from Motorola,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Adding to Rahul09 suggestion, this notification usually starts when you change the language of your phone, but there are also some other conditions which lead to the appearance of this notification. Please find the below steps to stop the notification of same.

Tap on Settings>> System>>Languages & input>>Virtual Keyboard>>Google Voice typing>>Offline speech recognition>>Auto-update>>Do not auto-update languages. (Reboot the device)

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors