Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phillfri
Paper Tape
Views: 886
Message 1 of 5

Can't Change Ringtone in Android Pi

Just purchased AndroidOne Moto X4 from Google Fi. Updated to Android 9. Everytime Android 9 reboots it reverts back to Moto ringtone. Same for other tome changes as well. And I hate "hello Moto" like fingernails on a chalkboard!!! (Makes me wonder what else is getting set back to default values every time I reboot.)

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 820
Message 2 of 5

Re: Can't Change Ringtone in Android Pi

Until you get a better answer download the Ringtone pack seperately and see if you can point the sounds to them.You will need to unzip them onto the phone,

https://www.droidviews.com/download-moto-x-system-dump-and-stock-wallpapers/

I use mp3 Ringtones mostly as I never like the Stock ones on most phones.

HTH Smiley Happy

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 810
Message 3 of 5

@phillfri wrote:

Just purchased AndroidOne Moto X4 from Google Fi. Updated to Android 9. Everytime Android 9 reboots it reverts back to Moto ringtone. Same for other tome changes as well. And I hate "hello Moto" like fingernails on a chalkboard!!! (Makes me wonder what else is getting set back to default values every time I reboot.)

Hi phillfri,

Welcome to Forums,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We request you to try these below checkpoints & let us know.

Tap on Settings>>Apps & notifications>>See all - apps>>Settings>>Storage>>Clear Storage. (Reboot the device)

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

phillfri
Paper Tape
Views: 760
Message 4 of 5

The usggested fix does not work. After clearing storage, resetting the ringtones, and rebooting, the ringtones are still re-set to Moto.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 696
Message 5 of 5

@phillfri wrote:

The usggested fix does not work. After clearing storage, resetting the ringtones, and rebooting, the ringtones are still re-set to Moto.

I'd like to help. Are you using a custom ringtone like an mp3 file, or you just set it to different stock ringtone?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors