cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GCMartin
Paper Tape
Views: 2,986
Message 1 of 4

Confused!!! How many Moto X4 MODELS are there?

This is one of the worst marketing campaigns witnessed and is extremely confusing as I think it will cause much customer disappointments and unhappiness. 

Up to today (11-08-17) the ONLY information was about X4. Calling this morn, the support reps had no knowledge and could ONLY refer to a single X4 as he indicated all X4s are the same.

Now, after a disappointing purchase and lack of information and a confused state of searching, it appears that this in one of the most complete of products I have come across. Not only is my model number (XT1900-1) unknown to reps but also features are also confused by rep as well as the miriad of capabilities for use with vendors. Further, no rep can identify which "real" model number pertain to which X4 (assuming there are many different current X4 models).

And, there is no online store which can have a rep step one thru the order process matching X4 features with customer needs???

WOW, Lenovo and Motorola.

So, I ask: Is there a cheatsheet for Moto X4 that indicates models and features so that an intelligent selection can be made by customers like myself? I would like to choose proper X4 and ordering vehicle for the proper selection.

Right now, for me, I am reduced to trial and error and I think, already, I have made the wrong selection.

Thanks in advance for any help leading to guidance (assuming someone from Motorola is watching this forum)

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 2,904
Message 2 of 4

Re: Confused!!! How many Moto X4 MODELS are there?

@GCMartin wrote:

This is one of the worst marketing campaigns witnessed and is extremely confusing as I think it will cause much customer disappointments and unhappiness. 

Up to today (11-08-17) the ONLY information was about X4. Calling this morn, the support reps had no knowledge and could ONLY refer to a single X4 as he indicated all X4s are the same.

Now, after a disappointing purchase and lack of information and a confused state of searching, it appears that this in one of the most complete of products I have come across. Not only is my model number (XT1900-1) unknown to reps but also features are also confused by rep as well as the miriad of capabilities for use with vendors. Further, no rep can identify which "real" model number pertain to which X4 (assuming there are many different current X4 models).

And, there is no online store which can have a rep step one thru the order process matching X4 features with customer needs???

WOW, Lenovo and Motorola.

So, I ask: Is there a cheatsheet for Moto X4 that indicates models and features so that an intelligent selection can be made by customers like myself? I would like to choose proper X4 and ordering vehicle for the proper selection.

Right now, for me, I am reduced to trial and error and I think, already, I have made the wrong selection.

Thanks in advance for any help leading to guidance (assuming someone from Motorola is watching this forum)

I havent heard of different features on X4. But in the usa there is the moto x4 sold on the moto site, there is an amazon prime variant with lock screen ads, and there is the Android One variant sold by Google. 

What are you looking for ? You never say what features are missing or different between models. 

the specs are on the product pages with features listed

https://www.motorola.com/us/products/moto-x-gen-4-android-one

https://www.motorola.com/us/products/moto-x-gen-4

https://www.motorola.com/us/products/moto-x-gen-4-amazon-prime

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
arhncmh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 917
Message 3 of 4

It seems the first two links you provided go to the same page for the Android One variant.

Is the Moto Retail version still available?

Moto gestures are a must for many, including me.
SomeNothingness
Token Ring
Views: 856
Message 4 of 4

Generally speaking the phone is an XT1900-#, each region of the world where this phone is sold has a different number at the end. To my knowledge the -1 is sold in North America retail then there's the Amazon version with another number after the last dash. Moto gestures are used from the one button nav feature, the A1 or Android One phone version uses Android Pie gestures.

Nonetheless each region of the world where the phone is sold may have different network support hardware or specifications to work on different operators.

Top Kudoed Authors