Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eriias
Blue Screen Again
Views: 247
Message 1 of 5

Customizing the Settings Tray(?)

Hello! First time to these forums.

Apologies for the multiple threads; I figured it would be best for clarity to separate my questions each into their own thread.

I have recently purchased a Moto X4 (the AndroidOne version) after my Samsung Galaxy S7 died on me. It is running Android ver. 9 atm, 'software variant' "google_fi" (I don't know what that means or if it's relevant...I have VERY little experience with Android in general (was on iPhone until august of 2018). )

Thus far I'm loving how it works, but there are a few features I enjoyed on the S7 I'm not finding here that I'm hoping can be replicated in some fashion on this phone.

1. On my S7, I could customize not only what things were visible on the little tray of things that appear when you swipe from the top (sorry I don't know what this is called, I attached a screenshot) but also how they were arranged, i.e. how many to a page, how many rows etc. Is there any way to change that on this software?

2. Additionally, is there a way to get an icon for filtering out bluelight into this quick access tray? I see a button for turning everything into grayscale, but I'd like to just filter out blue light (again, like on the samsung). I found how to filter blue light in Moto but I'm hoping for a quicker way to turn that on and off.

3. Is there a way to make the settings wheel appear WITHOUT having to swipe down to expand this tray? As of right now, I have to swipe down twice to then be able to tap the settings wheel thing.

Settings Tray.jpg

Any ideas, suggestions, and assistance with any or all of these would be greatly appreciated! Thanks very much for taking the time to read and to assist me. Smiley Happy
-Eriias

PhoneDonkey
WWAN
Views: 198
Message 2 of 5

Re: Customizing the Settings Tray(?)

1) I dont think this is exactly what you are looking for but looking at your screenshot. If you swipe left you will see some other icons, these are the default icons. If you touch the edit symbol (the pencil) next to the settings symbol you will see some other icons that can be moved into the normal swipe down view. You can move them around by touching and holding them then moving to where or which order you want them. I dont know how you add icons that are not already saved for edit though,

2) No idea

3) On mine, the settings wheel appears on the first swipe down next to the v which you touch to expand the tray. It's in the second row below the fifth symbol in the top row. Only a single swipe required.

Eriias
Blue Screen Again
Views: 147
Message 3 of 5

@PhoneDonkey wrote:

1) I dont think this is exactly what you are looking for but looking at your screenshot. If you swipe left you will see some other icons, these are the default icons. If you touch the edit symbol (the pencil) next to the settings symbol you will see some other icons that can be moved into the normal swipe down view. You can move them around by touching and holding them then moving to where or which order you want them. I dont know how you add icons that are not already saved for edit though,

2) No idea

3) On mine, the settings wheel appears on the first swipe down next to the v which you touch to expand the tray. It's in the second row below the fifth symbol in the top row. Only a single swipe required.

Thanks for your reply! As for 3. I'm a bit confused. When I say 2 swipes I mean one swipe to bring the tray out, giving me the attached image, and then another to expand it to see the settings wheel. 

I am visually impaired and may be missing it entirely, so if it's there on this screen please let me know! DX

PhoneDonkey
WWAN
Views: 127
Message 4 of 5

Hi, I also cannot see it on your screenshot. I am on Android 8.0 and this is what it looks like on my phone when I first swipe down

Eriias
Blue Screen Again
Views: 77
Message 5 of 5

Ah, I see. Mine is running Android 9, so that may be the difference. I recently got Tasker which seems to allow for random customization once I get into it more, so maybe I'll be able to fix it that way...

Top Kudoed Authors