Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richardsites
What's DOS?
Views: 113
Message 1 of 4

Dead as a doornail

x4, 6 weeks old.  Froze while shooting video, nothing would un-freeze it, 10 minutes late it went black.  No combination of buttons would turn it back on.  15 minutes later it started again by itself.  This morning, while holding the phone it suddenly went black.  Battery is fully charged.  No combination of buttons nor any solutions posted here will turn it back on.  I now have a paperweight.  Any thoughts ???

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 98
Message 2 of 4

Re: Dead as a doornail

Have you contacted customer support?  If you bought the phone from an authorized dealer (did you?) then it should have warranty support if it's only 6 weeks old...

richardsites
What's DOS?
Views: 86
Message 3 of 4

I have, and they are going to replace it.  Trouble is UPS will not deliver without a signature, even when I have specified on the UPS website OK to deliver without signature.  UPS says shipper preferences override mine.  Great, since nobody is at the house i get to drive another 30 minutes to pick it up.  I just made the trip today to pick up my wifes new x4.  Thanks for monitoring this but you should tell Motorola to let me preferences, not their, make the delivery decision.  Luckily I have another phone to use 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 74
Message 4 of 4

@richardsites wrote:

x4, 6 weeks old.  Froze while shooting video, nothing would un-freeze it, 10 minutes late it went black.  No combination of buttons would turn it back on.  15 minutes later it started again by itself.  This morning, while holding the phone it suddenly went black.  Battery is fully charged.  No combination of buttons nor any solutions posted here will turn it back on.  I now have a paperweight.  Any thoughts ???

Assuming you have tried plugging it into a charger (both wall and connected to a PC), if nothing works, then contact Motorola for service. If you follow the support link above, you can find service links and options. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Top Kudoed Authors