Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto X PhonesMoto X4
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

08-06-2016

United States of America

11 Signins

83 Page Views

• Views: 83
  • Message 1 of 3

Distance on Google Fit

2019-05-09, 16:22 PM

Google Fit app consistently measures INcorrectly distance that I walk or bicycle ride. I measure the distance with my bicycle computer. My previous Nexus X4 was pretty much in agreement with my bicycle computer. The difference between real distance and Fit on X4 is pretty serious sometimes up to 50%. Can something be done on my part?

Forgot to mention: 'Improve Location Accuracy'  is  ON

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Views: 178190
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Distance on Google Fit

2019-05-09, 20:31 PM

Hi ArkadiG,

Thanks for posting. I'd like to confirm, how often do you notice that both phone and bicycle gave different distance results? One way to test if the device getting real-time location is to use Google Maps, I would suggest trying that, make sure all apps are up to date in Play Store. Try comparing your phone to your Nexus and see if they have the same results too using Google Fit. Let me know. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

6 Posts

08-06-2016

United States of America

11 Signins

83 Page Views

• Views: 83
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Distance on Google Fit

2019-05-09, 21:13 PM

Rich,
> how often do you notice that both phone and bicycle gave different distance results?

Always

> One way to test if the device getting real-time location is to use Google Maps

Checking pretty often and I can say that the location functionality is OK, i.e. on G Maps I can see my location where I am located.

> I would suggest trying that, make sure all apps are up to date in Play Store

But of course :)

> Try comparing your phone to your Nexus

Don't have N5X anymore. Last time I had it (April?) Nexus was running Android 8.1 with latest apps.

I'm attaching snapshot from Fit. I have it in 3 parts but am allowed to attach 1 file only. Let me know if you want the other two.

In the snapshot above: Distance 15.04 mi. It is a round trip BTW.

When actually this distance is 10.40 mi. I verified this data using a few methods: my pretty accurate cycle computer for example.

As I mentioned Nexus 5x was very close to this measurement too.

This is only one example. Every my walk and bicycle ride consistently produce very suspicious achievements :) by Google Fit.

Google Fit measured my latest ride as 23.86mi when cycle computer registered 19.9mi
My walk of 5.2mi was Fit showed as 6.35mi.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms