Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boarbrush
Punch Card
Views: 231
Message 1 of 9

Does Motorola do battery replacement?

If your battery wears off and you need to get a new battery installed, does motorola provide that service in the USA or you just have to throw away the phone and buy a new one?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 225
Message 2 of 9

Re: Does Motorola do battery replacement?

@boarbrush wrote:

If your battery wears off and you need to get a new battery installed, does motorola provide that service in the USA or you just have to throw away the phone and buy a new one?

Usually yes, but it depends on how old the phone is when a customer inquires. iFixit also offers self-serve kits for many phones. 

I have never had to throw a phone away. Most i haven't replaced batteries for because I usually upgrade after 2 years. I do have 5 year old phones that still manage to work fine, but don't last as long as when they were new. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
boarbrush
Punch Card
Views: 215
Message 3 of 9

I see. So what's the cost of a battery replacement for moto x4?
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 207
Message 4 of 9

@boarbrush wrote:
I see. So what's the cost of a battery replacement for moto x4?

You would have to contact Motorola support to ask what models they offer service on, and how much it costs. 

Are you ready for a new battery already? 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
boarbrush
Punch Card
Views: 195
Message 5 of 9

No just want to know in case i need to in the future since a lot of brands offer replacement for battery, i wanted to know if motorola offers that too but it seems to be a bit more difficult with motorola. with samsung for instance you just send it in and thats all. You don't have to to jump through different hoops to "find out" if you can send it in for battery change etc...
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 192
Message 6 of 9

@boarbrush wrote:
No just want to know in case i need to in the future since a lot of brands offer replacement for battery, i wanted to know if motorola offers that too but it seems to be a bit more difficult with motorola. with samsung for instance you just send it in and thats all. You don't have to to jump through different hoops to "find out" if you can send it in for battery change etc...

I am pretty sure Moto offers the same thing, they have in the past for many phones. But as this is a user to user forum, you would have to call/email/chat with Moto support to get pricing. 

I don't think asking for a price is jumping through hoops, but ok. 

Does samsung let you send in a phone without agreeing to a price for repair? Seems like they would at least need to tell a customer how much shipping each way would cost first. 

boarbrush
Punch Card
Views: 185
Message 7 of 9

boarbrush
Punch Card
Views: 135
Message 8 of 9

Just talked to a Motorola customer service rep and he told me that they don't replace battery for the X4 since the battery is unremovable. 

Highlighted
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 93
Message 9 of 9

@boarbrush wrote:
Just talked to a Motorola customer service rep and he told me that they don't replace battery for the X4 since the battery is unremovable. 

Hi.

I tried to find a case under the email address you use here but could not. I'd like to make sure whatever agent you spoke to is coached since that is not true. The battery is not removable like older phones, but it's certainly replaceable. Like previously mentioned, it can even be done by the end-user with a kit, if they are patient and at least a bit technical.

That being said, we don't get a huge demand for battery replacement and it's not prominently offered for that reason. The batteries generally hold up for a couple of years at least before they may start showing some signs of age. Most owners are ready to upgrade by then.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Top Kudoed Authors