cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shahbaz1520
Blue Screen Again
Views: 705
Message 1 of 6

Fingerprint locking and unlocking in moto x4 unbearably very slow after pie update.

Hi,

Biggest problem facing after pie update is locking and unlocking of phone which is very slow. Earlier in oreo it used to be happen within a second. Now it takes 2-3 second normally which is very annoying. I thought it will be fixed in coming security patches or fixes but it's over a month now and still facing issue. It feels like using some old generation phone with slow fingerprint responsiveness. Please please please fix this as soon as possible.

Thanks

Shahbaz

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 644
Message 2 of 6

Re: Fingerprint locking and unlocking in moto x4 unbearably very slow after pie update.

Hi Shahbaz,

Thanks for posting. Does it happen all the time? Have you tried powering off and on the phone? If so, are you still experiencing lags? Let me know. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

sarundine
Paper Tape
Views: 438
Message 3 of 6

Re: Fingerprint locking and unlocking in moto x4 unbearably very slow after pie update.

I have the same problem with my moto x4 after upgrade to android pie too. If unlock with pin it's work normally but when I unlock with fingerprint it's very slow about 3-4 second to unlock. I tried to factory reset and it still slow to unlock with fingerprint. It's not slow everytime when restart phone it's work normally but when use the phone for a while it will slow when use fingerprint unlock. I used to tell this problem to moto Thailand but nothing to fix this.

Thanks
Run
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 426
Message 4 of 6

Hi sarundine,

Thanks for posting on this thread. Did you restore your apps after doing the reset? 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

sarundine
Paper Tape
Views: 409
Message 5 of 6

Hello, 

Yes I restore my apps after factory reset so I should restore the app right?

Thanks

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 389
Message 6 of 6

Hi sarundine,

It is not recommended to restore the apps after restore. I would suggest doing a factory data reset without restoring apps. Back up your files before doing the reset so you won't lose any of your files. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Top Kudoed Authors