cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KenMo
Paper Tape
Views: 1,146
Message 11 of 94

Re: [Google Fi / Android One] Moto X4 "Invalid SIM Card" notification while on Sprint

I wonder if a roll back to 8.1 is possible.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,147
Message 12 of 94

Re: [Google Fi / Android One] Moto X4 "Invalid SIM Card" notification while on Sprint

@KenMo wrote:

I wonder if a roll back to 8.1 is possible.

I can answer that for you:  No.  It's the very easiest way to turn your phone into a hard brick.

Ken_Moffat
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,144
Message 13 of 94

Thanks!

jj31234
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,117
Message 14 of 94

FYI I am now getting Invalid Sim error messages on 8.1 X4 while switching to Sprint.  My wifes phone experienced the error after 9.0 upgrade, so I was trying various switch codes to see if there were any differences in how the phones reacted.  After a repair dial code my X4 8.1 now gets the same error as my wifes X4 9.0.  After chats with support regarding both phones their best answer was to switch to TMobile, then they said the problem has been escalated and gave case numbers for each phone.  After reading several threads on the web it appears that my experience is not uncommon (invalid sim happens on both 8.1 and 9.0, occurs when switching to Sprint, restart des not fix).  At least TMobile is the stronger service locally.

Just a side note...every once in a while my wifes phone self switches to Sprint and connects OK...but every time I try it fails.  Someone/something is having a lot of fun watching my thrashing around trying to make sense of the problem.

paul905
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,089
Message 15 of 94

I updated 2 Moto x4s to Android Pie on the Fi network. Immediately both phones would no longer connect to the Sprint network without triggering a Sim Card Error. I talked to and emailed Fi support several times. All they say is they know about it and are working on it. Once in a while I can force them on Sprint using dialer codes but they wont stay connected for very long and fall back to T-Mobile. I need Sprint in my area as it is the strongest network.

joonyoungchoi
Fanfold Paper
Views: 969
Message 16 of 94

i had same issue and fixed just after i ordered new different phone to google fi ,it so makes me upset.

just follow below instruction.

1. go to old version google fi app

2. reboot phone

3. test with Edited to remove hidden code then you can see network restore

4. check it fixed with Edited to remove hidden code; those codes are not permitted by the house rules.   

Please see our Moto Owners' Forum Site Rules for more information.

,it show you which network are you in now ,if you see sprint with strong signal that means it fixed 

cf: never update google fi app untill this issue totally fixed and don't try to buy new phone like me 

they so makes me feel like dummy customer 

joonyoungchoi
Fanfold Paper
Views: 918
Message 17 of 94

This issue from google fi app .so best way to fix it is make factory reset but don't restore all phone app automatically and best important is never update google fi app becasue thats the cause network issue.

paul905
Fanfold Paper
Views: 886
Message 18 of 94

The dial codes do not fix this problem. I've tried them all. Unistalled all fi updates and cleared cache and storage. Stop saying these procedures fix the problems. THEY DO NOT! Contact fi support and keep after them to send a fix!

Mac24
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 863
Message 19 of 94

I have a Fi support case open, and was told that engineering is aware of the issue and they are working on it. 

Yeah, I have no success messing with the Fi app. Disabling it, clearing cache, upgrading/downgrading, etc. The only thing where I've seen Sprint come up and stay connected (for 20 minutes or so) is if I reset all carrier settings (*removed) and then re-activate my phone. Running (*removed) also successds, including Sprint PRL update. But it soon starts yelling about Invalid SIM and goes on to T-Mobile. 

I somehow think this is a deeper issue than just an app. I would have expected a workaround to surface otherwise. Let's give Google and Moto some time s to get back from vacation and catch up. 

Edited to remove hidden code; those codes are not permitted by the house rules.   

Please see our Moto Owners' Forum Site Rules for more information.

Mac24
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 862
Message 20 of 94

@joonyoungchoi wrote:

This issue from google fi app .so best way to fix it is make factory reset but don't restore all phone app automatically and best important is never update google fi app becasue thats the cause network issue.

@joonyoungchoi So with what you tried, can you for a fact say that it fixes it and works fine going forward? 

You're saying that a factory reset is what's needed? Have you tried clearing your Carrier Settings via (*removed*)? 

Just curious if you only had Sprint work for your for a short period of time before it stops? This is my experience. 

Edited to remove hidden code; those codes are not permitted by the house rules.   

Please see our Moto Owners' Forum Site Rules for more information.

Top Kudoed Authors