cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jj31234
Fanfold Paper
Views: 574
Message 21 of 65

Re: [Google Fi / Android One] Moto X4 "Invalid SIM Card" notification while on Sprint

I have 2 X4s with the same problem, one on 9.0 and one on 8.1.  I tried every reset, restart, and dialing code combination with no fix.  I downgraded to version 9 of Fi app with no solution   Fi support a knowledge's the problem and I have 2 case numbers.  It is interesting that I cannot force switch to Sprint without an invalid sim error  but every do often both phones will switch to Sprint on their own.  They stay for a short while and then go back to TMobile since that is the stronger of the two signals.  Neither signal is very strong (about 2 bars). I have not yet tried a factory reset (too little impact with the problem).  

Interesting problem but disappointed that Google Fi doesn't seem to be working too hard to fix what I see as an easily reproducible problem.

Ken_Moffat
Paper Tape
Views: 543
Message 22 of 65

Re: [Google Fi / Android One] Moto X4 "Invalid SIM Card" notification while on Sprint

It's hard to believe that Google engineers and Lenovo engineers can't fix this problem. It's been ongoing for about a month. Ball dropping on a large scale.

Mac24
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 538
Message 23 of 65

@Ken_Moffat wrote:

It's hard to believe that Google engineers and Lenovo engineers can't fix this problem. It's been ongoing for about a month. Ball dropping on a large scale.

Most US-based engineers are probably out on vacation as of the second week of December, and returnig this week or the following week. 

Unless there is an official workaround I wouldn't expect anything until the end of January, sadly. But what do I know...

joonyoungchoi
Fanfold Paper
Views: 489
Message 24 of 65

factory reset and don't update all app automatically and never update the google fi app ,i mean manually update old version app after factory reset ,since one time update google fi app ,all these issue happen same.

joonyoungchoi
Fanfold Paper
Views: 489
Message 25 of 65

by just code *removed* thing like that will be the temporary fix.

the only way now before google fix it, it will be factory reset and never update google fi app.

joonyoungchoi
Fanfold Paper
Views: 464
Message 26 of 65

One more way without factory reset
1. Delet the google fi app
2.delet phone app storeage and cache files
3.(removed) (sprint network restore code)
4. After no4 phone will reboot
5. Active google fi app but never update

6. (removed) (sprint network force)
7. Check carrier with (removed) and if you can see with error message it will work properly
8. (removed) auto carrier mode

Edited to remove hidden code; those codes are not permitted by the house rules.   

Please see our Moto Owners' Forum Site Rules for more information.

KenMo
Paper Tape
Views: 458
Message 27 of 65

So this problem is a flaw in the google fi app?

hainersa
Punch Card
Views: 450
Message 28 of 65

Seems to be, but no official confirmation from Google yet.
paul905
Fanfold Paper
Views: 448
Message 29 of 65

Hey Joonyoungchoi nothing your suggesting fixes the problem. You don't seem to get it!

joonyoungchoi
Fanfold Paper
Views: 443
Message 30 of 65

at leat with same issue with moto x4 ,my phone totally worked since i fixed in that way.

if not sorry for your issue , are you using google if or another carrier

@paul905 wrote:

Hey Joonyoungchoi nothing your suggesting fixes the problem. You don't seem to get it!

?

Top Kudoed Authors