cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaCan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 654
Message 41 of 107

Re: [Google Fi / Android One] Moto X4 "Invalid SIM Card" notification while on Sprint

Updated my profile.

Funny Google Fi wasnt an option in the carrier list
Piper5150
SCSI Port
Views: 651
Message 42 of 107

Re: [Google Fi / Android One] Moto X4 "Invalid SIM Card" notification while on Sprint

Maybe it's been happening for me previously, but I just noticed this happening on my phone this weekend - only lasts for a second or two and then it clears. I'm on Google Fi/Android One X4. I did not travel anywhere outside of my normal go nowhere routine. Smiley Happy
Mac24
Serial Port
Views: 632
Message 43 of 107

@Agent_JM wrote:

We'd like to take a look from our end. Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and IMEI number -- this will help us investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let us know (just reply here) if it's okay for us to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Yes, please feel free to take a look. Thanks!

Ken_Moffat
Fanfold Paper
Views: 620
Message 44 of 107

My question now is, would I even have ever noticed this error if I hadn't installed signal spy or fi switch on my phone? How does anyone else know that they would have seen this error?

Mac24
Serial Port
Views: 615
Message 45 of 107

@Ken_Moffat wrote:

My question now is, would I even have ever noticed this error if I hadn't installed signal spy or fi switch on my phone? How does anyone else know that they would have seen this error?

My phone vibrates and I get a pop up on screen that says "Invalid SIM". In areas with low cellular coverage this happens a lot, as the phone attempts to find a stronger cellular provider.

Mac24
Serial Port
Views: 611
Message 46 of 107

@DaCan wrote:
Updated my profile.

Funny Google Fi wasnt an option in the carrier list

Looks like Google Fi is there now. At least it was there for me when I looked. Do you have the A1 X4?

Mac24
Serial Port
Views: 608
Message 47 of 107

@KenMo wrote:
I bet you'd get refurbs.

Totes

Mac24
Serial Port
Views: 607
Message 48 of 107

@Agent_JM wrote:

We'd like to take a look from our end. Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and IMEI number -- this will help us investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let us know (just reply here) if it's okay for us to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

FYI, Google Fi support claims they know of this issue and have escalated it. 

paul905
Fanfold Paper
Views: 580
Message 49 of 107

Yes have a look around.

DaCan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 451
Message 50 of 107

Checked in with Fi yesterday, no updates.  I told them they should at least try to communicate something, even if its a WIP.  Dead silence is painful.  The list of people affected is getting quite long they said.  Supposedly for issues like this they automatically issue bill credits once resolved.  My first call to them was 12/17, and I had the issue for at least a week before that maybe two.  Make sure you call Fi and add any X4 or G6 phone to the list, even if your not having an issue, because you may once you enter a coverage area where the problem arises.

Top Kudoed Authors