cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KenMo
Paper Tape
Views: 513
Message 11 of 25

Re: How about some positivity: anybody happy with the Pie update?

The clock move is to make room for the 'notch' on the pixels.

peachtree
802.11n
Views: 490
Message 12 of 25

I'm happy with the update.  Battery life a little better, prefer the delete previously opened apps on Pie, fine with the slightly new look.

Only one slight downside is that the phone takes a little longer to start from completely off - which I only do occassionally to clear caches etc.

I wonder if some of the HUGE problems some people have had since the update with battery, slow response etc. are due to apps / games they already had on their phone that have not been optimised for Pie. Smiley Wink

(I don't include the auto connect & Sprint problems some have with this - those are definitely things that Moto/Android should address urgently)

Hogerio
Fanfold Paper
Views: 479
Message 13 of 25

Re: que tal uma positividade: alguém feliz com a atualização de torta?

After updating the Bluetooth audio does not connect with AAC codec, SBC only, even forcing in the Developer Options. I read in some forums of other smartphone brands that happens after the update.

ManasM2
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 472
Message 14 of 25

It must be apps issue. Try deleting apps one by one and check if any of the already installed app is causing the issue.

I had the same issue on 8.0
So I reviewed all the recent apps installed and deleted them one by one and found the culprit.
ManasM2
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 470
Message 15 of 25

It must be an issue with a particular app. Try deleting apps one by one and check if any of the already installed app is causing the issue.

I had the same issue on 8.0
So I reviewed all the recent apps installed and deleted them one by one and found the culprit.

umbertones
802.11n
Views: 458
Message 16 of 25

I was more or less forced to do the update now because the update notification "threw" my maps routing in the background every 30 minutes....

So far no issues, phone runs smooth, battery drain is comparable to Android 8, seems I was lucky with the apps installed.

Happy. :-)
--
working with P50, T450 20BV001, Tablet 1838-2CG, caring for R61 7732-NDG, T530 2924-GJ4, L512 4444-4NG, R61i 7650-D6G, X60s 1703-3JG, X40 2371-8EG
Somz
Paper Tape
Views: 410
Message 17 of 25

Updated to pie

• Updated to pie. Nice & smooth interface. Adaptive brightness is an issue besides it's not updated to dual volte. 
Tom1111
Paper Tape
Views: 387
Message 18 of 25

Earlier in this thread, I asked if anyone else noticed the screen was consistently dimmer. Since no-one else answered, here it is:

Two things changed. One was the brightness slider went to a logarithmic scale, to be more sensitive at the lower end. That means you have to slide farther to the right to get the same brightness as before.

The other is the adaptive brightness, which I always turned off anyway. If you like that sort of thing, however, it's alledgedly been "improved." Of course, one person's improvement is another's irritant, so try it and see which group  you're in.

Both of these things were done in part to improve battery life. I suspect there are a number of such changes which affect other aspects of performance, but overall, better battery life is probably a good thing. Hopefully Google learned from Apple's mistake, how not to improve battery life on older devices.

umbertones
802.11n
Views: 373
Message 19 of 25

I'm with you concerning the adaptive brightness. It's sometimes slow.

Another thing that bugs me: the phone app doesn't have the "remember this SIM for this contact" switch anymore. It asks always which SIM to use for the call.

There is a function to sort the contacts to a SIM but that's annoying for my long list. And when you use the "associate SIM" in the contacts menu the app crashes reproducable...the awkward part ist: I can't find this entry anymore...

Still happy anyway. :-)

--
working with P50, T450 20BV001, Tablet 1838-2CG, caring for R61 7732-NDG, T530 2924-GJ4, L512 4444-4NG, R61i 7650-D6G, X60s 1703-3JG, X40 2371-8EG
kbroski88
Paper Tape
Views: 353
Message 20 of 25

Once I had it factory rebooted and could use android auto, I'm pretty satisifed. To be fair though, I got the phone at christmas and updated straight to Pie. I have the Android One Model fyi. 

Top Kudoed Authors