cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Curlysoni
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,235
Message 1 of 18

How do I disable outgoing text notifications from appearing in my car's Bluetooth system?

I just recently got a new Moto X4 (previously had an HTC One M7) and use T-Mobile as my carrier. I have paired up my new phone with my car ('16 Honda H-RV) via Bluetooth with no problems. The only annoying issue with the new phone is my car keeps notifying me that I have a new text message when I'm sending out a text.  Example: I'm sitting in my car waiting for my daughter to get out of practice and I send her a text to let her know I'm outside waiting for her and when I do my car will notify me that I'm receiving a new text. Very annoying!! My HTC never use to do that.  Is there any way to disable the notification for outgoing texts so they don't appear as a new text message in my car???

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,200
Message 2 of 18

Re: How do I disable outgoing text notifications from appearing in my car's Bluetooth system?

Hi Curlysoni

Have you checked if Delivery receipts is ON? You can go to Messages > three dots > Settings > Advanced > SMS delivery reports > Toggle it OFF.

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

Curlysoni
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,196
Message 3 of 18

Re: How do I disable outgoing text notifications from appearing in my car's Bluetooth system?

Hello, 

I just checked and "Get SMS delivery reports" is turned off.  But "Service messages" is on....would that make a difference?

Thank you.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,169
Message 4 of 18

@Curlysoni wrote:

Hello, 

I just checked and "Get SMS delivery reports" is turned off.  But "Service messages" is on....would that make a difference?

Thank you.

That's odd. Service Messages should affect anything. We've tested in a different model vehicle and did not see the same thing. Can you please generate a bug report with Bluetooth Snoop Enabled. Below are the steps.

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
  2. After the above steps, Developer options will be enabled.
  3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
  4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
  5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log > Toggle On
  6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
  7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
  8. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
  9. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Thanks. 

- Ella

Curlysoni
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,165
Message 5 of 18

Okay, thanks. I will try that tonight.
Curlysoni
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,139
Message 6 of 18

I just sent you the information you asked for via a private message. Please let me know if you find out what the problem is.

Thank you.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,136
Message 7 of 18

@Curlysoni wrote:
I just sent you the information you asked for via a private message. Please let me know if you find out what the problem is.

Thank you.

Thank you. I've seen the bug report you sent. Let me share it to our Engineers and I'll send you feedback once available.

Would you also update your profile with the serial/IMEI/MEID number of your phone? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. Please check the link and update your profile here- Ella

Curlysoni
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,092
Message 8 of 18

Curlysoni
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,091
Message 9 of 18

I've updated my profile now

Thanks.

Motorola Employee
Motorola Employee
Views: 1,034
Message 10 of 18

Can you please confirm what Application you are using for Test Messages (Stock Messages App?, Facebook Messenger?, Other?)?

Top Kudoed Authors