Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto X PhonesMoto X4
All Forum Topics
Options

14 Posts

09-13-2017

India

17 Signins

138 Page Views

• Views: 138
  • Message 1 of 43

I got an OREO update on Moto X4 standard edition (India), and phone dialer is lagging

2018-01-06, 5:11 AM

After two days of using my MOTO X4, I have encountered some apps crashing and laggging issues.
Most importantly the Phone dialer lags for like 5-6 seconds before making a call. That is most frustrating thing to experiance. 
Do anyone have the issues like these? 

Answer
Options

14 Posts

09-13-2017

India

17 Signins

138 Page Views

• Views: 138

Re: I got an OREO update on Moto X4 standard edition (India), and phone dialer is lagging

2018-01-08, 14:50 PM

Yeah, Sigh!

I had to do it. 

So guys please factory reset your phone if you want to overcome this frustrating situation.

Now it's working properly. 

Replies(42)
Options

46 Posts

01-03-2018

India

145 Signins

843 Page Views

• Views: 843
  • Message 2 of 43

Re: I got an OREO update on Moto X4 standard edition (India), and phone dialer is lagging

2018-01-06, 5:48 AM
Im also facing phone dialer lags for 20-30 seconds. many times I have to repeat calling many times to place a call properly
Options

12 Posts

01-06-2018

India

16 Signins

220 Page Views

• Views: 220
  • Message 3 of 43

Moto X4 (India) Issues after Oreo Upgrade. Need immediate attention and resolution.

2018-01-06, 15:09 PM

Hi Motorola,

Experiencing lots of issues after upgrading my Moto X4 to Oreo. These issues are faced by almost all my friends and family members who are using Moto X4.

Very much dissappointed with Motorola. It seems Motorola havent tested properly before releasing the upgrade.

Listing few of them below. Kindly fix them immediately.

1. Outgoing Call Issue: After dailing, its getting stuck for more than 30 seconds. Its not even allowing to end the call or stop the process. This is very frustrating. Unable to make any urgent calls due to this.
2. Incoming Call Issue: Sometimes unable to recieve incoming calls also. It gets hanged. Can see the incoming call but swiping to receive doesnt start the call.
3. Dark Theme issue: Dark Theme ON or OFF settings is not changing anything in display. Theme always stays white in notification menu and settings screens.
4. Vibrates on its own sometimes although nothing recieved (no notifications/calls, etc).
5. Battery backup issues: Battery is draining faster with Oreo when compared to previous OS version.

These issues were not present in previous Android OS version.

I tried clearing cache, rebooting and even uninstalled some apps but still issues are occuring. Calling issue is a very critical one, we expect motorola to resolve this on high priority.

Please dont advise to do Factory Data Reset and ask users to clear all their important data. This kind of response is not expected from a reputed manufacturer like Motorola/Lenovo.

Thanks for your understanding. Expecting a quick fix from Motorola.

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

• Views: 132780
  • Message 4 of 43

Re: Moto X4 (India) Issues after Oreo Upgrade. Need immediate attention and resolution.

2018-01-07, 3:54 AM

wrote:

Hi Motorola,

Experiencing lots of issues after upgrading my Moto X4 to Oreo. These issues are faced by almost all my friends and family members who are using Moto X4.

Very much dissappointed with Motorola. It seems Motorola havent tested properly before releasing the upgrade.

Listing few of them below. Kindly fix them immediately.

1. Outgoing Call Issue: After dailing, its getting stuck for more than 30 seconds. Its not even allowing to end the call or stop the process. This is very frustrating. Unable to make any urgent calls due to this.
2. Incoming Call Issue: Sometimes unable to recieve incoming calls also. It gets hanged. Can see the incoming call but swiping to receive doesnt start the call.
3. Dark Theme issue: Dark Theme ON or OFF settings is not changing anything in display. Theme always stays white in notification menu and settings screens.
4. Vibrates on its own sometimes although nothing recieved (no notifications/calls, etc).
5. Battery backup issues: Battery is draining faster with Oreo when compared to previous OS version.

These issues were not present in previous Android OS version.

I tried clearing cache, rebooting and even uninstalled some apps but still issues are occuring. Calling issue is a very critical one, we expect motorola to resolve this on high priority.

Please dont advise to do Factory Data Reset and ask users to clear all their important data. This kind of response is not expected from a reputed manufacturer like Motorola/Lenovo.

Thanks for your understanding. Expecting a quick fix from Motorola.

If no others report the call problem, then a reset may be the best option. also, updates often create battery drain and strange behaviors - if you can't correct with cache clear, then reset may be fastest way to troubleshoot - again if others are not having problems, then it is something with your phone. 

If you reset Disable backup and restore, reset the phone and do NOT restore or install any apps. Don't even setup a google account yet, just test the performance. Then add apps back one at a time and test after each one to ensure that everything is working as expected.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

2 Posts

01-05-2018

India

6 Signins

39 Page Views

• Views: 39
  • Message 5 of 43

Re: Moto X4 (India) Issues after Oreo Upgrade. Need immediate attention and resolution.

2018-01-07, 6:31 AM

Hi, I am experiencing problem no 1 and 3 after my Oreo Update. Plz resolve the issue soon. I feel like throwing my phone in Garbage. 

Options

5 Posts

12-25-2017

India

27 Signins

89 Page Views

• Views: 89
  • Message 6 of 43

2018-01-07, 6:31 AM

Opening camera app, kills the background apps, they all reload. This is really annoying please fix it.

Options

9 Posts

01-07-2018

India

23 Signins

106 Page Views

• Views: 106
  • Message 7 of 43

2018-01-07, 7:10 AM

Even I m facing the call delay, battery drain (I have put on battery saving mode and turned off the mobile data as well as wifi even then it consumed 11% battery in 7 hour during night time..no one using the phone earlier it would go down by 1%  whole night)..also charging the phone got slow down by 40-50min..even though I am using the turbo charger..this all happened after the oeroo...so resolve it asap... otherwise rolled back to nougat that would be far better than this non sense update.. 

Options

4 Posts

01-05-2018

India

7 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 8 of 43

2018-01-07, 7:29 AM

Same issue after updating oreo moto x4. Already trying factory reset, external reset, safe mode, clear cache, clear data. But still same problem occurred. Please solve it soon with update. Please check and test properly before the updates you are releasing. Solve it otherwise i love moto. 

Options

1 Posts

01-07-2018

India

2 Signins

27 Page Views

• Views: 27
  • Message 9 of 43

2018-01-07, 8:31 AM

Even I have got the same issue..

Options

1 Posts

01-07-2018

India

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 10 of 43

2018-01-07, 9:09 AM

Hi There,
I'm facing the following issues after the Oreo update: 

1. "Ok Google" is not working. Retraining Voice models, deleting the voice model & then starting afresh didn't help. 
  2. Can't connect to my MacBook using the current Hotspot. Changed password, restarted the phone, not helping.

I'm also facing point no. 1 & 4. Didn't check the Dark theme issue.

Kindly advice!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms