cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
inckka
Paper Tape
Views: 425
Message 1 of 4

I recived an OTA update last week. Since then my IMEI is 0 and can't register to carrier

My device XT1900-1 runs on latest PIE (Android ONE) and I received an OTA update last week. It seemed like a security patch and I just did it without any hesitation.

However since then my cell connectivity doesn't work. Also no SIM card is usable (I checked the  SIM cards on other devices and no prblm with SIMs). When checking I saw the IMEI is also 0.Currently it shows no service.

Since I'm out of US for a while I can't return or claim the warranty (I guess I'm outof warrenty).

Any light on this would be greatly appreciated.

hbg1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 368
Message 2 of 4

Re: I recived an OTA update last week. Since then my IMEI is 0 and can't register to carrier

There's another thread with this same problem, "Unlocked X4 does not recognize SIM card". I have the same issue, and replied there, although someone else started the original post (I couldn't figure out how to actually post to this site for a day or two).

I've been told I'm out of warranty by customer service. I have no idea if there's any chance they will fix the problem for those of us that are affected. There has been no answer to that post either, but hopefully Motorola is now aware that they have removed cell service from a number of phones with their update last week.

Either way, you may want to watch the other post as well as your own.

inckka
Paper Tape
Views: 358
Message 3 of 4

Re: I recived an OTA update last week. Since then my IMEI is 0 and can't register to carrier

Thanks for pointing me to that thread. That make few of us. I'll post there.
jonhopkins54
Paper Tape
Views: 260
Message 4 of 4

I also have this exact same problem. My phone is over the 1 year Warranty (It was expired on Apr 24, 2019). This issue happened June 11th. This is extreamly frustrating. Motorola/Google Fi better make this right if they dont want me dont boycott their brands. 

Top Kudoed Authors