Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto X PhonesMoto X4
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

03-29-2018

United States of America

13 Signins

123 Page Views

• Views: 123
  • Message 1 of 6

Is facial recognition available?

2018-03-29, 19:12 PM

I have an Android one version of the Moto x4 through project fi and I'm wondering if facial recognition is left out of my version of the phone or if it's just a bug. I can get to the smart Lock option under configuration/security that allows me to improve the facial recognition technology and actually update my face with the database but as far as actually using the feature, I haven't had any luck. 

Is anybody else experiencing the same problem?

I notice that most of the licenses, copyrights are not updated, could this have something to do with the technology?

Answer
Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

• Views: 132780

Re: Is facial recognition available?

2018-03-30, 12:26 PM

wrote:

I have an Android one version of the Moto x4 through project fi and I'm wondering if facial recognition is left out of my version of the phone or if it's just a bug. I can get to the smart Lock option under configuration/security that allows me to improve the facial recognition technology and actually update my face with the database but as far as actually using the feature, I haven't had any luck. 

I notice that most of the licenses, copyrights are not updated, could this have something to do with the technology?

The software for smart lock is the same on all.  Do you see face listed under smart lock? If it is not working try under different lighting. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum

Replies(5)
Answer
Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

• Message 2 of 6

2018-03-30, 12:26 PM

wrote:

The software for smart lock is the same on all.  Do you see face listed under smart lock? If it is not working try under different lighting. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

7 Posts

03-29-2018

United States of America

13 Signins

123 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2018-03-30, 18:11 PM

What do you mean face? I can take photos under the smart Lock facial recognition feature but as far as it actually using the facial recognition in exchange for the other alternatives, my phone will not let me. I have taken photo updates in two different lighted areas, one in outdoor light and one in the inside

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2018-03-30, 19:35 PM

wrote:

What do you mean face? I can take photos under the smart Lock facial recognition feature but as far as it actually using the facial recognition in exchange for the other alternatives, my phone will not let me. I have taken photo updates in two different lighted areas, one in outdoor light and one in the inside

Face - trusted face, that is how it is listed in English. 

I don't use the feature myself, i prefer the more secure fingerprint reader. I will ask if anyone else is using it onthe X4 that can help, but it should be as you have tried. let it recognize your face and turn it on. 

Options

7 Posts

03-29-2018

United States of America

13 Signins

123 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2018-03-30, 22:22 PM

Yes trusted face, we are talking about the same level of security involving facial recognition. I don't think it works. I deactivated trusted agents then reactivated it, restarted my cellphone, tested it again, no change. All it's doing is collecting my selfies and storing it in some database as far as I am concerned. Most of the licenses are all outdated which leads me to believe it's still a work in progress. But I don't know. Thanks for your concern.

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2018-03-30, 23:52 PM

wrote:

Yes trusted face, we are talking about the same level of security involving facial recognition. I don't think it works. I deactivated trusted agents then reactivated it, restarted my cellphone, tested it again, no change. All it's doing is collecting my selfies and storing it in some database as far as I am concerned. Most of the licenses are all outdated which leads me to believe it's still a work in progress. But I don't know. Thanks for your concern.

I dont know what the issue is. Others are using it with x4. I just tested with Z2 and it works, and i remember testing it with my x pure. Seems unchanged from when google launched it a few years ago.

I tap my power button, the area of the fingerprint scanner shows a head, it detects me and changes to a lock and i swipe up.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms