Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boarbrush
Punch Card
Views: 348
Message 1 of 6

Is the X4 still being made in 2019?

Or all the stocks are from couple of years ago since the ones sold right now all come with android Oreo installed and not Pie...

VinDSL
Fanfold Paper
Views: 344
Message 2 of 6

Re: Is the X4 still being made in 2019?

I suspect they're older stock. I bought mine via Google Fi. It came with Android "Nougat", and the battery had 0% charge, out of the box.

DAJ1
Paper Tape
Views: 273
Message 3 of 6

I would avoid the x4, I have babies mine for 14 months, it is unmarked and like new, never dropped or liquid splashed. Despite this the power button no longer works, still has a nice firm click to it but no response from the phone.

Retailer not interested & neither is Motorola. So disappointed, after years of buying MotoG's with no issue I made the step up to something more premium and now can't even restart it!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 259
Message 4 of 6

Hi DAJ1,

Thanks for posting. Is the phone still charging? Try booting in recovery mode by pressing and holding the power button and the volume down button together at the same time. Let me know how it goes. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

DAJ1
Paper Tape
Views: 251
Message 5 of 6

Yes phone charges, holding power & volume does nothing, well it changes the volume level but nothing else. Phone is still on, I haven't allowed it to discharge. Everything is working, other than it is now slow and could do with a restart. Of course I can't restart it as the power button is inoperable. There is no software option to carry out a restart either!

It's almost like Motorola designed a phone to just last the warranty period before the one essential button it has fails, knowing there was no other means to replicate that one buttons function. Forcing the customer to buy a new phone!

I can't risk it discharging and then me not be able to restart it. Retailer is not interested in helping me and according to retailer Motorola have stated they are not prepared to help despite this being a common fault on the Moto X4.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 198
Message 6 of 6

Hi DAJ1,

I'd like to confirm, Is the button still intact or loosed already? It looks like a hardware failure with the button and I recommend sending it for repair if that's the case. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Top Kudoed Authors