Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eriias
Blue Screen Again
Views: 211
Message 1 of 3

Mimicking Samsung's "Game Tools"

Hello!

Apologies for the multiple threads; I figured it would be best for clarity to separate my questions each into their own thread.

I have recently purchased a Moto X4 (the AndroidOne version) after my Samsung Galaxy S7 died on me.

It is running Android ver. 9 atm, 'software variant' "google_fi" (I don't know what that means or if it's relevant...I have VERY little experience with Android in general (was on iPhone until august of 2018). )

Thus far I'm loving how it works, but there are a few features I enjoyed on the S7 I'm not finding here that I'm hoping can be replicated in some fashion on this phone.

Samsung's "Game Launcher" and especially the "Game Tools" function was probably my single favorite feature of that phone, and I'm wondering if there's something similar to be found on the Moto X4. 

The pimary function I'm missing is that Game Tools would turn on Do Not Disturb while you are in a game app. The obvious workaround without it (which I used when I had an iPhone) was to turn on DND before playing and then turn it off again afterwards. However, this relies on me remembering to do those steps, which doesn't always happen. The result is I either forget to turn it on and some notification screws up my game (thus inducing rage) or I forget to turn it back off afterwards, thus missing calls etc. from others. 

I also liked that Game Tools allowed you to disable the Back and Recents buttons while in game, but since those are hidden unless you hit the fingerprint scanner, I think I'm alright without that at least.

I did find this article about putting Game Launcher on other Samsung devices, but I have no idea if it would work on the Moto X4 or cause any harm: https://www.androidpit.com/learn-how-to-install-the-galaxy-s7-game-launcher-on-other-samsung

Any ideas any of you have would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to help me.

-Eriias

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 159
Message 2 of 3

Re: Mimicking Samsung's "Game Tools"

Hi Eriias,

Thanks for posting this is interesting. I appreciate your feedback. I would love to pass this along to our Product teams for review. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Eriias
Blue Screen Again
Views: 117
Message 3 of 3

Re: Mimicking Samsung's "Game Tools"

Hi! Please do, but am I to assume then that there currently is no way to mimic this behavior on the Android One platform?

-Eriias

Top Kudoed Authors