Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vwtai
Paper Tape
Views: 863
Message 1 of 9

Moto Display staying on (never fading) - killing battery

Using Project Fi version. When running certain apps, Moto Display stays on constantly, not fading in and out. I've noticed it on Beyondpod and Overdrive so far. Even if the apps are causing the problem, I'd think that Moto Display would be written so not to le it stay on constantly?

Any suggestions? I've tried disabling auto fade in on approach but this does nothing - you must completely turn off Moto Display.

Thank you.

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 855
Message 2 of 9

Re: Moto Display staying on (never fading) - killing battery

@vwtai wrote:

Using Project Fi version. When running certain apps, Moto Display stays on constantly, not fading in and out. I've noticed it on Beyondpod and Overdrive so far. Even if the apps are causing the problem, I'd think that Moto Display would be written so not to le it stay on constantly?

Any suggestions? I've tried disabling auto fade in on approach but this does nothing - you must completely turn off Moto Display.

Thank you.

Interesting, and prompts some questions.

1. When this happens, are you listening to something on one of these apps?
  2. What does the display show? The interface for the app, or just regular message notifications, etc.?
  3. Can you manually turn off the screen with the power button, or does that just wake it up from the Display mode?

Thanks!

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 846
Message 3 of 9

Never mind -- I have reproduced it using Beyond Pod. It does fade, but pops right back up.

We'll report to the product team. Thanks!

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
vwtai
Paper Tape
Views: 836
Message 4 of 9

Correct - same with Overdrive. And yes, shows just the icon of the app and if you press/hold, you have controls. But even if you turn the screen off it reappears in seconds. 

Since they are both media apps, maybe a common cause?

Thanks for reporting this.

ugmoe2000
Paper Tape
Views: 804
Message 5 of 9

Thought this was just me but that would explain my battery life drain when listening to podcasts. Good to know I'm not crazy. I noticed this with BeyondPod as well.

vwtai
Paper Tape
Views: 789
Message 6 of 9

Yep - same here, and it definitely happens with the Overdrive digital library app as well. Have not tested on other audio apps.
ugmoe2000
Paper Tape
Views: 708
Message 7 of 9

Has this been fixed in the latest NPW26.6 update? Release notes are frustratingly devoid of detail.

ugmoe2000
Paper Tape
Views: 692
Message 8 of 9

Just performed the update and the issue is still present so looks like a "no." based on experimental evidence.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 632
Message 9 of 9

Hi everyone,

Can you please  send us Bug report.

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps, Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport via a private message.
9. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors