Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TWHall
Paper Tape
Views: 398
Message 1 of 7

Moto X4 Android One touch tones

In-call touch tones are not recognized by automated systems at the other end of the call.

Moto X4 Android One on Google Fi, Andoid 9 OS

JenEV
What's DOS?
Views: 343
Message 2 of 7

Re: Moto X4 Android One touch tones

I have had this issue ever since the update as well and it's driving me nuts!

TWHall
Paper Tape
Views: 331
Message 3 of 7

More info: DTMF does not work over WiFi, but does seem to work (at least sometimes) over cellular.  If I turn off WiFi, I can use the DTMF tones in a call.  I'm with a plan that switches automatically between WiFi (if enabled) and several cellular services, depending on which signal is the strongest.  I have read other reports that the reliability varies even between cellular services.  I'm not sure which cellular service it chooses here.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 304
Message 4 of 7

Hi TWHall,

We'd like to look into this. Can you please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well.

Need help updating your profile? See here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

TWHall
Paper Tape
Views: 231
Message 5 of 7

Any news?

I updated my profile as requested. I wasn't sure what the privacy settings should be (can you see my profile if "privacy" is "on"?) so I also sent the details to you in a private message.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 198
Message 6 of 7

Hi TWHall,

Thanks for posting back. I read your pm just now, sorry about that. We'll further check this. I'll keep you posted here. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

dvdadog
What's DOS?
Views: 132
Message 7 of 7

I have this issue as well.  Purchased a new unlocked Motorola X4 and updated it to the latest system update 9.0.  I started new service through a Verizon MVNO and could not activate the service as it required a button press in the automated system.  I found this thread and it caused me to activate the sim in another phone then return it to the X4.  This is a huge bug that needs to be addressed asap by Motorola/Lenovo.  With the number of automated systems that are accessed daily this is a major inconvience.

Top Kudoed Authors