Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DiCiS
Paper Tape
Views: 1,626
Message 1 of 22

Moto X4 Google dialer v23

So Google has already rolled out the new material Google contacts and phone app on playstore which is by far awesome. In Moto X4 you can download the new contacts app by disabling the older one.

But the phone app says in playstore it is not compatible.i tried downloading it from third party websites but when u install it it's shows "App not installed" error which is quite sad.

Anyone here knows how to download it plz send me a link if possible.

And also I'm sure everyone's exited for the Android PIE Update right??😀😊😋

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,602
Message 2 of 22

Re: Moto X4 Google dialer v23

Hi DiCiS,

This is something that we need to check. Just to be sure, can you give me the links of the apps you are trying to download?

Thanks.

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

Rahul09
Punch Card
Views: 1,549
Message 3 of 22

New Google dialer and contact app is supurb. We need to try those new version  in moto x4. But, the default dialer and contact app is by Moto and not Google's. Also, we have updates for other Moto apps from play store such as camera, moto actions, moto display etc. and it's not available for phone and contact app. Will Motorola release updates for these apps through play store or only available through OTA update? Is there any option to update those apps officially?

SomeNothingness
Token Ring
Views: 1,544
Message 4 of 22

I've been asking about this exact same thing for quite some time now and have even posted a few questions in the community with no answer.

From what I can tell the Google phone dialer app is proprietary Google code. Even though Motorola uses basically all Google apps for some reason this is excluded.

There are several apks that can be downloaded but there is only one floating out there and it is rather outdated that will work on non pixel phones.

The fact that all of the other Moto core apps have been updated but not the phone and contacts app makes one Wonder.

like I said I have asked about the phone dialer app for months now and Motorola can only tell me that it's a Google app not a Motorola app even though Motorola bases their main apps on Google apps.

I don't know if there is some disconnect between the retail and the ONE version of the Moto X4.

DiCiS
Paper Tape
Views: 1,539
Message 5 of 22

Thank you so much for responding
Here are the links,

Unofficial(Third party) link:
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-phone/google-phone-23-0-208225343-release/

Official playstore link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.dialer&hl=en_IN&referrer=utm_source...

Seriously this my fourth Moto phone and the community is absoulutely great I think I will never get off this brand it's great!!!!thnks.

DiCiS
Paper Tape
Views: 1,538
Message 6 of 22

I think there might be slight disconnect.

Android one devices are always maintained by Google team
Most of the software things are controlled by them so yeah¿

But!!!! I've heard from many of my friends who use Android one devices of facing update problems after 2 years as Google only fully supports for that period of time.
Highlighted
onlyadirector
Punch Card
Views: 1,293
Message 7 of 22

What's strange here is that the Moto G6 comes with the stock Google Dialer app and it's not even Android One. I see no reason why the Moto X4, A1 version or not, lacks support for it.

DiCiS
Paper Tape
Views: 1,221
Message 8 of 22

Hi,

It's been weeks since I uploaded the links to the apps you asked for but I still have no response.

If there is no answer Ill assume that this same problem will continue in Android p update which is quite poor to be true

Plz look into it.

Rahul09
Punch Card
Views: 1,209
Message 9 of 22

The latest version of Google phone (v23) from apkmirror doesn't work on Moto X4. But, some modded versions supports on the device. And I hope, the developers of Motorola will release newer dialer (maybe v23 itself ) on Android pie update.  This is because we had a change in dialer UI after Oreo update. Similarly, I expect the same after pie update. 

SomeNothingness
Token Ring
Views: 1,206
Message 10 of 22

Yes .It'd be great if all stock Google apps we're 100% Google.  The dialer apk in the wild is partially broken. Spam scam ID doesn't work I know. Even the Moto camera 2 app is staggered something serious. I have 8.1 and old camera, others new camera and 7.x.

Top Kudoed Authors