Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowurPlayr
Paper Tape
Views: 2,521
Message 1 of 4

Moto X4 Notification settings

Problem I am having is changing individual app notification tones. If I change 1 app tone they all change to that tone. Please give directions to change the default notification setting to allow different notification tones for different apps. thank you for any help!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 2,501
Message 2 of 4

Re: Moto X4 Notification settings

@PowurPlayr wrote:

Problem I am having is changing individual app notification tones. If I change 1 app tone they all change to that tone. Please give directions to change the default notification setting to allow different notification tones for different apps. thank you for any help!

The setting you are changing is global. It will apply to any app without an explicit setting (set to use default system sound).

To change notification tone for an app, you need to find the setting for that app - SMS apps have their own settings section. Other apps should as well. It varies based on app. Open the app in question, find the settings menu, and look for notification sounds. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
PowurPlayr
Paper Tape
Views: 2,443
Message 3 of 4

Thank you Alpha, your instruction is exactly the course I have followed on many different apps (in their own settings>notifications>sounds). The individual app sounds change effects all notifications sounds... I was wondering if there is is system setting to change to allow individual from a default all setting?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 2,438
Message 4 of 4

@PowurPlayr wrote:

Thank you Alpha, your instruction is exactly the course I have followed on many different apps (in their own settings>notifications>sounds). The individual app sounds change effects all notifications sounds... I was wondering if there is is system setting to change to allow individual from a default all setting?

I am not sure i understand the question. You could change the default all to "none" and then you would have to go into every app and explicitly set a sound. 

The system default is designed so have some sound for all apps. Or silence for all apps. Then you can tweak each app to your liking if it has settings for such. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Top Kudoed Authors