Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto X PhonesMoto X4
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

02-24-2021

India

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 121 of 129

Re:Moto X4 SwitchOff Frequently

2021-02-24, 15:47 PM
I have done battery calibration still it is switching of on every incoming and outgoing call ...plz suggest some alternative option to fix this.
Options

789 Posts

11-24-2020

India

117 Signins

10890 Page Views

• Views: 10890
  • Message 122 of 129

2021-02-25, 7:58 AM

@ sankarsiva wrote:

I have done battery calibration still it is switching of on every incoming and outgoing call ...plz suggest some alternative option to fix this.

Hi,

Thanks for writing to us. Sorry, you are having issues with your phone. Your efforts are highly appreciated in performing battery calibration. It looks like the battery needs to be diagnosed. At this point, I would suggest sending your phone for repair. You can find the nearest Service Center details by going to the link here. Please don't hesitate to post again in case you need further assistance.

Thanks

Sunitha 

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

2 Posts

11-18-2020

India

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 123 of 129

2021-03-20, 14:30 PM

I had bought my moto x4 phone in Oct 2019. In Nov-Dec 2020, the phone started automatically switching off. I tried the methods suggested by the moto customer care to solve the problem- but it persisted. Later I went to the service center where I was told that this was mostly a battery issue and that it was  a "Usual" problem with the moto x4 phone.

On payment for repair this problem would be solved, with a warranty for a month only. But I was told that black spots would be visible on the phone screen which wouldn't be covered under the warranty. One thing that one expects after paying for a handsome repair charge is that you wont have further issues. But it seems the practice here is to solve one problem, and to create another problem. 

Thus we see that this is a regular problem in the model itself, still Motorola didn't rectify or solve this problem. The tiring calls, trying so many methods, visiting the far off service center and issue still persisting and worsening (due to unsatisfactory response of the repair team) is not the quality of service one expects for such products. With the 1 year warranty only, be prepared to try you luck and hope for the best. 

Or to avoid such hassles, just don't go for this product!

As a first time user of Motorola, after spending this much, I am deeply disappointed not only with the product, but the service (or lack of) provided. My previous phone was a cheaper investment, didn't cause half the issues I faced in the last 3-4 months and still worked when I switched to this so called upgrade.

While I can just speak for this model, seeing the customer service would be similar for other models too, kindly research twice before purchasing Motorola products.

Options

2 Posts

11-18-2020

India

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 124 of 129

Moto X4 automatically switching off- Unhappy Customer

2021-03-20, 14:37 PM

I had bought my moto x4 phone in Oct 2019. In Nov-Dec 2020, the phone started automatically switching off. I tried the methods suggested by the moto customer care to solve the problem- but it persisted. Later I went to the service center where I was told that this was mostly a battery issue and that it was  a "Usual" problem with the moto x4 phone.

On payment for repair this problem would be solved, with a warranty for a month only. But I was told that black spots would be visible on the phone screen which wouldn't be covered under the warranty. One thing that one expects after paying for a handsome repair charge is that you wont have further issues. But it seems the practice here is to solve one problem, and to create another problem. 

Thus we see that this is a regular problem in the model itself, still Motorola didn't rectify or solve this problem. The tiring calls, trying so many methods, visiting the far off service center and issue still persisting and worsening (due to unsatisfactory response of the repair team) is not the quality of service one expects for such products. With the 1 year warranty only, be prepared to try you luck and hope for the best. 

Or to avoid such hassles, just don't go for this product!

As a first time user of Motorola, after spending this much, I am deeply disappointed not only with the product, but the service (or lack of) provided. My previous phone was a cheaper investment, didn't cause half the issues I faced in the last 3-4 months and still worked when I switched to this so called upgrade.

While I can just speak for this model, seeing the customer service would be similar for other models too, kindly research twice before purchasing Motorola products.

Edited: Post merged into running thread. Please do not start new threads before searching for existing threads on the same topic. It causes clutter on the site and makes it harder for us to follow an issue. - Sunitha

Options

5190 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3301 Signins

75931 Page Views

• Views: 75931
  • Message 125 of 129

Re:Moto X4 automatically switching off- Unhappy Customer

2021-03-22, 2:35 AM

@ Nat06 wrote:

On payment for repair this problem would be solved, with a warranty for a month only. But I was told that black spots would be visible on the phone screen which wouldn' be covered under the warranty. One thing that one expects after paying for a handsome repair charge is that you wont have further issues. But it seems the practice here is to solve one problem, and to create another problem. 

Thus we see that this is a regular problem in the model itself, still Motorola didn' rectify or solve this problem. The tiring calls, trying so many methods, visiting the far off service center and issue still persisting and worsening (due to unsatisfactory response of the repair team) is not the quality of service one expects for such products. With the 1 year warranty only, be prepared to try you luck and hope for the best. 

Or to avoid such hassles, just don' go for this product!

As a first time user of Motorola, after spending this much, I am deeply disappointed not only with the product, but the service (or lack of) provided. My previous phone was a cheaper investment, didn' cause half the issues I faced in the last 3-4 months and still worked when I switched to this so called upgrade.

Hello and thank you for sharing your experience. The issue with the phone shutting off was in fact a hardware failure and did require repair/battery replacement. However, I'm not familiar with the black spots you mentioned. Did your phone have a damaged LCD panel/black spots on the screen when you took it to the service center? 

Please let me know.

-Tom

FYI, we (the moto support team) do not actively monitor the community on the weekends so there may be delays in getting back to you.

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2 Posts

04-19-2021

India

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 126 of 129

2021-05-03, 8:15 AM

Hi,

From past few days I am facing issue for my moto X4 getting switched off in random manner.

I noticed that it often happens when I got cellular call, playing video on speaker mode, it vibrates after getting some notification and goes off

I was happy while using this phone until when this issue start arising more often. Attaching here the bug report just after phone get switched off.

Looking for advise and solution from Lenovo support. Thanks

Options

789 Posts

11-24-2020

India

117 Signins

10890 Page Views

• Message 127 of 129

2021-05-04, 6:19 AM

@ VRSMX4 wrote:

Hi,

From past few days I am facing issue for my moto X4 getting switched off in random manner.

I noticed that it often happens when I got cellular call, playing video on speaker mode, it vibrates after getting some notification and goes off

I was happy while using this phone until when this issue start arising more often. Attaching here the bug report just after phone get switched off.

Looking for advise and solution from Lenovo support. Thanks

Hi, 

Thanks for writing to us. Sorry to hear you're having issues with your phone. I will try my best to help you with this. Thank you for sharing the bug report and we will look into this. I would suggest you try clearing the particular applications Cache/Data. See if that helps. To clear the app cache and data, go to Setting>> Apps and Notifications>>App info >>Particular Application>>Force stop>> Click ok>> storage >>Clear cache/data. Restart the phone post this and check the device. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks

Sunitha

Options

2 Posts

04-19-2021

India

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 128 of 129

2021-05-04, 10:30 AM

Hi,

As you suggested I regularly follows practice to clear cache from each and every app.

I tried that too but it doesn't help to resolve the issue. Would you recommend to do factory reset ? That is the last option which I am going to try after receiving your feedback on bug report analysis. Thanks.

Options

789 Posts

11-24-2020

India

117 Signins

10890 Page Views

• Message 129 of 129

2021-05-05, 6:07 AM

Hi VRSMX4

Thank you for trying! We will try out the basic troubleshooting steps if that doesn’t help, I will check and guide you further. Can you test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? Please click here for the instructions. 

If you still face the same, I would suggest you try performing Battery Calibration. This process will reset the battery table and allow the phone to calibrate. Let us know what happens after. Please go through the instructions below to calibrate the battery. 

1. Force reboot the device by holding the power button until the device reboots
  2. Plug into the supplied charger
  3. Charge to 100% and leave on the charger for at least an additional hour after getting to 100%

Thanks

Sunitha

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms