Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto X PhonesMoto X4
All Forum Topics
Options

10 Posts

06-02-2014

India

6 Signins

86 Page Views

• Views: 86
  • Message 21 of 143

Re: Moto X4 sudden switch off issue

2017-11-26, 9:30 AM

Maybe this issue has nothing to do with WiFi. But it should be noted that Bluetooth nowadays uses WiFi for high speed data transfer behind the scenes after the initial connection establishment.

Options

9 Posts

11-19-2017

India

52 Signins

675 Page Views

• Views: 675
  • Message 22 of 143

2017-11-26, 9:44 AM

Mine is a different case all together.

I am not able to find out a specific scenerio.

I have noted that few times before I sleep everything is fine and when I wake up in morning it's already switched off when I see it.

Now what happenes in background during night I am unaware of it.

I would also like to add that my phone, sometimes, get switched off even while its not in WiFi.

Options

1 Posts

11-26-2017

Austria

1 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 23 of 143

2017-11-26, 12:43 PM

I have got the same problem especially when the phone is connected with the wifi

Options

10 Posts

01-18-2015

India

8 Signins

68 Page Views

• Views: 68
  • Message 24 of 143

2017-11-26, 13:18 PM

I turned off my WiFi, more checking if issue still persist...

Ankit Paliwal
Options

66 Posts

08-23-2017

India

186 Signins

1074 Page Views

• Views: 1074
  • Message 25 of 143

2017-11-27, 5:52 AM

I'm planning to purchase a Moto X4, however after reading this issue I'm a bit skeptic..

Just a wild guess, in Location=>Scanning (Three dots to the top right corner) try to turn off Buetooth and WiFi scanning.. Since most are reporting Bluetooth and WiFi scenarios, location is a place having both options..

Worth a shot.. No harm if this theory fails...

Options

1 Posts

11-27-2017

India

1 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 26 of 143

2017-11-27, 14:07 PM

Even I feel the issue is with Bluetooth. I keep both Bluetooth and WiFi ON all the time. But whenever I am on call for more than 10 minutes with bluetooth earphone connected, mobile switches off.

Options

19980 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2538 Signins

64023 Page Views

• Views: 64023
  • Message 27 of 143

Re: Moto X4 SwitchOff Frequently

2017-11-27, 14:59 PM

wrote:

Hi

I purchased the Moto x4, 6x64 in India and received it on Nov 17. It's been 4 times since the phone has switched off by itself since then. There is no fixed pattern to it and the battery has always been above 75% when occurred. Phone updates are shown as the most resent.

Could someone figure out why this is happening and how to fix the issue. Sad to have such an issue with a brand new phone that was so highly recommended over multiple reviews online. 

We are looking into these reports. Thank you very much for posting your IMEI in your profile - that's essential information that will help us investigate.

Can I ask the others on this thread to please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number? Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

2 Posts

11-27-2017

India

5 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 28 of 143

2017-11-27, 15:18 PM

I'm also facing the same issue. Started as soon as I connected to WiFi. It also happens when I switch on hotspot. 

I tried connecting with Motorola on Twitter but got response on the launch date, later on they directed me to some consumer email id. Awaiting response from them. 

I think the problem lies in the WiFi module. I don't know how are they going to resolve the issue. It's very irritating that you can't connect to the WiFi networks. 

Options

3 Posts

11-23-2017

Germany

8 Signins

89 Page Views

• Views: 89
  • Message 29 of 143

2017-11-27, 15:25 PM

wrote:

Just a wild guess, in Location=>Scanning (Three dots to the top right corner) try to turn off Buetooth and WiFi scanning.. Since most are reporting Bluetooth and WiFi scenarios, location is a place having both options..

Worth a shot.. No harm if this theory fails...

Since I switches off the WiFi during standby, no further shutdowns occured. Since your suggestion targets kinda the same topic (background WiFi scanning), I'll give it a try and see if my phone shuts down when I come home tonight.

BTW I have my Bluetooth always on, permamently connected to my Mi Band 2 smart watch, also connecting and disconnecting to the hands-free system in my car without any problem.
As for me, I think I can narrow down the issue to the WiFi section.

Options

5710 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3335 Signins

79001 Page Views

• Views: 79001
  • Message 30 of 143

Re: Moto X4 SwitchOff Frequently

2017-11-27, 16:20 PM

wrote:

wrote:

Hi

I purchased the Moto x4, 6x64 in India and received it on Nov 17. It's been 4 times since the phone has switched off by itself since then. There is no fixed pattern to it and the battery has always been above 75% when occurred. Phone updates are shown as the most resent.

Could someone figure out why this is happening and how to fix the issue. Sad to have such an issue with a brand new phone that was so highly recommended over multiple reviews online. 

We are looking into these reports. Thank you very much for posting your IMEI in your profile - that's essential information that will help us investigate.

Can I ask the others on this thread to please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number? Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

- Matt

Thanks to those who updated their profiles. We'd like to get some additional information. Can you please generate a bug report after the power off occurs?

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go in to the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable Usb debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
7. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Once we get this we'll start analyzing.

In the meantime, you can try disabling WiFi and Bluetooth Scanning to see if it helps. Also, I just want to set some expectations. It might take some time for us to analyze and find a root cause. If you're concerned and getting close to the end of your exchange period you can always get the phone replaced. 

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms