Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PYPatil
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,152
Message 1 of 32

Moto X4 after Pie 9.0 update issues

Moto X4 Indian user. Updated device from oreo8.1 to pie 9.0 on 13Jan 2019 after repeated prompts from device to upgrade to 9.0 version.

Issues:

1. Mobile Data even after turning it ON does not show the LTE data sending receiving icons and does not connect to internet. We need to restart phone to actually start Mobile Data to have a working data connection.

2. The actual brightness in screen is very low. In Oreo 8.1 it was working good. But after Pie 9.0 update screen brightness does not reach the brightness level we got earlier.

Lenovo Moto x4 team requesting you to  please fix these issues.

I will post more issues as I find.

RaghavSharma
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,030
Message 2 of 32

Re: Moto X4 after Pie 9.0 update issues

I've been having the same problems since the update. And especially the network one, my Jio 4g sim keeps on disappearing from the calling accounts  neither can i call anyone from my phone nor receiving any calls. 

This is really annoying and I hope that Moto is already working on this issue in the next update.. 

I've been having the same problems since the update. And especially the network one, my Jio 4g sim keeps on disappearing from the calling accounts  neither can i call anyone from my phone nor receiving any calls. 

This is really annoying and I hope that Moto is already working on this issue in the next update.. 

I need to restart my phone to get signals for my Jio sim, which too after some time turns off automatically and there's no way to turn that on again but to restart the device one more time. 

VOLTE doesn't work AT ALL. 

Really disappointed. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 6,020
Message 3 of 32

@PYPatil wrote:

Moto X4 Indian user. Updated device from oreo8.1 to pie 9.0 on 13Jan 2019 after repeated prompts from device to upgrade to 9.0 version.

Issues:

1. Mobile Data even after turning it ON does not show the LTE data sending receiving icons and does not connect to internet. We need to restart phone to actually start Mobile Data to have a working data connection.

2. The actual brightness in screen is very low. In Oreo 8.1 it was working good. But after Pie 9.0 update screen brightness does not reach the brightness level we got earlier.

Lenovo Moto x4 team requesting you to  please fix these issues.

I will post more issues as I find.

Hi PYPatil,

Welcome to Forums,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We request you to perform the "Network settings reset" & let us know.

Tap on Settings>>System>>Reset>>Network settings reset>>Reset settings.

Regarding brightness query: According to Google, the Adaptive Brightness feature has been completely revamped in Pie, in a couple of ways. Here's how I understand it.

It "learns" how bright you like it. Adaptive Brightness now learns how bright or dark you like it under different conditions by tracking how you raise or lower brightness using the slider. This takes some time, but it should learn to adjust the lighting based on the way you do. (There is now "machine learning" that takes notes of your habits and automatically adjusts to your activities. Android Oreo only optimizes brightness level for available light.)

The brightness slider itself has changed. Because the human eye detects changes from darker to light more readily than light to lighter, the old slider mostly had an impact in its lower half. You would see most of the changes by the time the slider was halfway up. The rest of the slider didn't really seem to show a lot of difference. On Pie, the slider has been adjusted so that it shows changes along its entire length. And that means you have to move it farther to the right to get the same brightness, which many of you have reported. 
At this point, we have no reason to think the new Adaptive Brightness isn't working as Google intended. We will keep monitoring it, but encourage you to let it "learn," and to adjust to the new slider calibration. We will all need a little time to get used to the new version.

Hope it clarifies your query.

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

PYPatil
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,997
Message 4 of 32

Hi Nikh,

Thanks for the quick reply. Smiley Happy
I followed the steps you provided for mobile data connection issue. The resetting of network settings did not work.
The issue still persists.
Please Help..
RaghavSharma
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,969
Message 5 of 32

Tried this.

Doesn't work. 

Please help. 

PYPatil
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,923
Message 6 of 32

Hi Nikh,

I found a solution for this issue.

We need to goto
settings > Network & Internet > Sim Cards

Here turn OFF the, On/Off toggle button
For Sim slot 1 and Sim slot 2

Come out of settings menu.
See the signals for Sim are gone.
Now again go to
settings >>>Sim slots

Enable the Sim slot 1 and Sim slot 2.

Your mobile data connection will start working.

We don't need to repeat this process again. we don't even need to restart phone.

Problem got fixed.

Now even if I do this multiple times:
Turn off mobile data - it turns off
Turn on mobile data - it turns on with successfull data sending receiving.

@Raghav Sharma
Plz try this solution I hope it will fix ur issue too. Smiley Happy
M0192
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,879
Message 7 of 32

MOTO x4 user in Croatia/Europe. After upgrade to Pie (Android version: 9, Current version: PPW29.69-26, Security patch level: November 1, 2018), there's no more notifications in status bar during downloading apps from Google Play Store. Suggestions? THX!

RaghavSharma
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,861
Message 8 of 32

Hey appreciate the effort.
I tried this and it worked for like 1 hr, and it went to the same way.

But I'm hoping this definitely is a software problem, so it will get fixed in the next update assuming that moto is working on this.
RaghavSharma
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,859
Message 9 of 32

There is no fix for this right now. You actually have to wait until the next update. 

Most of the pie updated phones are facing this problem. 

Highlighted
prabhushankar
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,834
Message 10 of 32

I am facing slowness during unlock. Fingerprint scanner takes almost 3 to 5 seconds to unlock.

Top Kudoed Authors