🤕🤕🤕

Please help 

Thanks

NatalieRose
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,035
Message 22 of 32

Re: Moto X4 after Pie 9.0 update issues

Adding to my post this way only cuz I'm pressed for time. So , last night I wash dishes, get BK to my phone and HOLY COW- MY PHONE IS IN THE MIDDLE OF DOWNLOADING NEW SECURITY PATCH!! 😤

So, after restarting my Moto x4 I switch out of my Nova Launcher thinking I'll get to check out features in regular MOTO HOME mode.....

Nope. There is no longer the 3-dot or hamburger menu in my app drawer, shouldn't it be there? Phone is dying fast. And we'll, I wanna cry!! !

What's the deal Motorola? Give it to me real. 

I shoulda got another G. 

charanjitbhogal
Paper Tape
Views: 1,011
Message 23 of 32

I purchased moto x4 in dec18  but after update by the company to 9.,  i am really experiencing very bad

issue of speaker,  very low voice since the update..   the voice of videos, youtube , ringtones, message tones

and all other media has been reduced.   You have to keep the cell very close to your ear to hear the video or news.

Now i suggest to the company to please solve this issue at the earliest., by giving a new update to the moto x4 phones.

I am really fed up of this set now. 

Motoz
Punch Card
Views: 877
Message 24 of 32

Only updated yesterday but so far; PPW29.69-37

1) Brightness setting not remembered

2) Notifications clash with clock, top left of screen

3) All contacts missing -"Your contacts list is empty" was 85 contacts before.

4) Phone contacts won't sync with Google account

5) Can't sign in to Google account -"This account already exists on your phone" error message.

Very poor. Smiley Sad

jfa32514
Paper Tape
Views: 845
Message 25 of 32

Since the Piie 9 update, my phone will not answer incoming calls, everything goes to voicemail. Tech support sent me troubleshooting steps and did them all to no avail. What good is a phone that won't answer incoming calls, especially when you have clients trying to reach you. Why is this affecting the Moto X4 and not other smartphones?

Motoz
Punch Card
Views: 673
Message 26 of 32

Mostly solved now. Permission error cured most problems. Clock sorted itself out. Brightness seems OK now, at least not so noticable. Once phone was able to communicate with Google contacts came back, albeit with multiple hyphens in the phone numbers.

So anybody thinking of updating, go for it.

Edit 2019 04 18: Received security patch level 1 March 2019 today.

Pokey2k
Paper Tape
Views: 317
Message 27 of 32

Unable to change screen size

Build number : PPWS29.69-37-2

My X4 has been working fine since the 9 update. However something has happened this evening after going on charge.

My screen size changed by itself and I'm unable to change it back. Changing the font size does make a difference but changing the sceen size makes no difference at all.

I get the same problem in Safe mode.

Rebooted several times but this has not resolved the problem.

The only apps that updated in the shotrly before the fault were ISS Detector Satellite Tracker and Trainline but as I said, safe mode has the same problem.

I rarely use forums, so forgive me if I'm repeating a fault.

Any ideas?

Screenshot_20190717-215759.pngScreenshot_20190717-215832.pngScreenshot_20190717-220013.pngScreenshot_20190717-220037.png

Henry-PNW
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 304
Message 28 of 32

Go into Display settings. Check the font size and display size. Go into each setting and change it, then change it back. Worked for me.

Pokey2k
Paper Tape
Views: 279
Message 29 of 32

I might be going mad or slightly blind. I have made changes to screen and font size, it does change something's but I'm sure I had 4 icons wide per screen. The email and calender widgets used to fill the screen and be more readable. I appreciate I can make them full screen again but the font is still smaller than it was.

When I swipe down for notifications I get 6 icons at the top, I'm sure that used to be 5.

Henry-PNW
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 239
Message 30 of 32

My default setting is 6 quick access tiles. But you can always reset to default if you're not sure.

What about your home screen. I have 5 x 4 desktop grid. But I don't think that would make your fonts smaller. 

BTW - Are you using the default launcher?

Top Kudoed Authors