Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 927
Message 11 of 29

Re: Moto X4 and Android Auto Wireless

Hi michicago,

I understand you'd like to be certain about this. Like you, we assumed that Android Pie brought this function to more phones. We apologize for the delayed response. As for issues with connecting with USB, we're actively investigating this. Please ensure you report it to Google as well. Here's the link. Thank you.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

michicago
Fanfold Paper
Views: 789
Message 12 of 29

More than 8 weeks later, still no response and no attempt to help me get Android Auto working on your handset. Despite your lack of effort, I found a solution.

I bought a Nokia 7.1 and it works brilliantly!!

Thanks for nothing - won't be buying anything from you guys in the future.

Roy_Sahr
What's DOS?
Views: 639
Message 13 of 29

I also have the Moto X4 and it will not work with my Android Auto head unit via USB or wirelessly.  I have Android 9 on it now.  Very frustrated as this has gone on for months and it has not seemed to have been resolved with fixes in software updates.   

MikeHayes43
Fanfold Paper
Views: 573
Message 14 of 29

You've been actively debugging this issue for a year now.  I have not been able to use Android Auto for more then 10 minutes yet, I have to use my old andoid 7 phone for the auto because my new moto x4 crashes constantly.  This needs to be fixed.  It's rediculous that we still can't use it.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 553
Message 15 of 29

Hi Roy_SahrMikeHayes43,

Thanks for posting on this thread. Make sure that the Android Auto app is up to date in PlayStore. Also, have you tried using another USB cable? Were you able to connect your phone to a computer to test if the computer will read your phone? 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

MikeHayes43
Fanfold Paper
Views: 551
Message 16 of 29

Yes, I have tried multiple cables, Android Auto is up to date, I can acess my phone on the computer easily.  AA works just fine with any other phone I have tried.  It's not the cables, it's not the vehicle, it's the phone and an issue that you have known about for a year.  It needs a fix.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 528
Message 17 of 29

HI MikeHayes43,

Thanks for confirming. Can you please confirm the make and model of your vehicle? Also, make sure your car's software is up to date. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

michicago
Fanfold Paper
Views: 519
Message 18 of 29

@Agent_Rich wrote:

HI MikeHayes43,

Thanks for confirming. Can you please confirm the make and model of your vehicle? Also, make sure your car's software is up to date. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Do you even read the messages you're responding to or do you get off wasting your customers' time? 

It's not the cable. It's not the car or its software. 

The common denominator is always a Moto X4. 

Stop redirecting and fix your trash! 

Happily sent from my still working Nokia 7.1. Best similarly priced alternative to your busted phone and I don't have to be on the receiving end of your pathetic support. 

boarbrush
Punch Card
Views: 486
Message 19 of 29

I have also noticed that the response you get on this forum regarding your issues with your Moto x4 is always the same answer. "Go to safe mode", or "restart the phone" or some nonsense really. And it takes a few days usually to get a response. Motorola/Lenovo needs to get its act together in my opinion if it wants to stay in business, because their customer service over the phone is just as bad and useless as it is here on the forum. 

MikeHayes43
Fanfold Paper
Views: 478
Message 20 of 29

2018 Hyundai santa Fe sport. The car is 100% up to date. As others have said, itsi the phone, every other phone that has Android auto works flawlessly.  Own your problem and just fix the **removed** thing.

Edited: due to site rules violation -preferred language

Top Kudoed Authors