12-27-2018 06:56 AM
I have updated my Moto X4 to Android 9 and after this my phone will not recognize my Creative Outlier sports headphones anymore. Even if i put them in pairing mode, the phone don't find them.
I also have a pair of Bose CQ30 but they work fine. No issues there.
Any ideas what to do?
01-02-2019 06:49 AM
This is unexpected after an update. We'd like to look into this further. Kindly send a bug report regarding this. Bug report will collect information about your current device state. Below are the steps for getting bug report:
1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go in to the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable Usb debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive
9. Open the File Manager app on your phone and tap on Local on the top right. Browse to internal.
10. Upload the btsnoop_hci.log to your Google Drive as well
11. Share the link to the BugReport and btsnoop_hci.log on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
12. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.
13. One completed to Settings-> Developer options -> Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log > Toggle Off
**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
01-02-2019 12:08 PM
The headphones was not visible as "current connected" and could not be found in "pair new device". But I could find them in "previously connected devices" and conect through that interface. So all is good now.
Thanks for reply.
02-11-2019 03:50 PM
I'm having a similar issue:
My Jabra Elite 65t ear buds connect fine to other devices (MacBook Pro and Nexus 5), but I can not connect them to my Moto X4. The Moto X4 connects to my Altec Baby boom, but that was a recognized device before updating to Android 9.
The issue might be connecting to new devices with the new OS, but I don't have another bluetooth device to test this with. I'm hoping you can do something with the attached bug report. I'd really like to go running with my ear buds on my new phone.
02-20-2019 11:55 AM
I have been experiencing a similar issue. I restarted the phone several times, I would toggle BlueTooth off and on and I was unable to connect to many devices (not all) some new and some pre-existing. I could not connect to my Chromebook or my in-vehicle MPOW but it would connect to my Pannisonic home phone and my MPOW headset. I removed some of the devices and tried to reconnect but was unsuccessful.
I found a link in Reddit about Battery Optimization being impactful
Per that article I have disabled Battery Optimization for BlueTooth and will see if that resolves my issue.