BerryBlake
Paper Tape
Views: 1,698
Message 1 of 15

Moto X4 is horrible after Android 9.0 Pie Update

Is there a fix in the works?
Can I revert back to 8.X?

Clock on the top left is horrible.
I now always think there's a notification.

Task manager is unituitive and it's slow to swipe apps away.

Sound management is slow and moving one slider moves other sliders.
It used to just be a quick popup, now it takes me into phone settings.

Multiple apps are now buggy including Amazon Music which is crazy because this is the Amazon version of the X4.

Did anybody test this update at all or are they just meeting an update quota?
I'm seriously disappointed and want to revert back.

Who else thinks 8.X was a better user experience? 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,668
Message 2 of 15

Re: Moto X4 is horrible after Android 9.0 Pie Update

Hi BerryBlake,

Thanks for posting. Please wait for the phone to adjust with the upgrade. And make sure all apps are updated in Play store too. Report back to us after a few days if you're still experiencing sluggish with the task manager and the apps affected. Also, I'd like to confirm, are you referring to the volume rockers or to the on-screen volume slider?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

JCL11
Paper Tape
Views: 1,560
Message 3 of 15

Also true here.  Google Assistant freezes, claims the internet connection is too poor to play music even though Spotivy works fine when disconnected from the USB cable.  In Android auto, plays music slelected from the screen, but hangs trying to change it.  This phone and android auto worked perfectly yeasterday before the update.  Now unusable.

When is the next update and has it been tested?  How do I revert until it works?

Thanks

PYPatil
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,398
Message 4 of 15

Is this a strategy of Motorola to push non working updates, so that end user is forced to buy a new phone every few months ?

Plz revert Moto x4 updates back to Android Oreo 8.0 immediately.

marknoo
Paper Tape
Views: 1,172
Message 5 of 15

I made a very similar complaint. I also want to roll back to the previous version.

I love Motorola hardware, but their inability to get software right is a huge problem.

If I were a kid I would likely enjoy a new GUI, it might be fun to play with. I, however, am an adult. I use this to make money and anyone who hinders my ability to generate cash, ticks me off.

My associates at work make fun of me. They told me Apple never does this sort of thing and chided me to get one.

New user interfaces are not cute, they are a hinderance to productivity.

How do i roll it back?

(why can't you have a security update - that doesn't change any of the interface and then have a "cutesy" update for the people who have all day to tinker with the phones)

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,057
Message 6 of 15

Hi marknoo,

Thanks for posting here. There's no native way for us to roll back to the previous OS. May I know what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

marknoo
Paper Tape
Views: 1,046
Message 7 of 15

What steps are possible, the system is designed to be this way. It is operating as intended.

If you would like to tell me how to move the search bar and the volume control back to the top of the screen that would be nice.

Maybe you could tell me why the Do Not Distrurb no longer works as it did before. Perhaps you cold tell me why my screen locks even while apps are on.

I do not want to spend time learning a new user interface, what I want is a phone I can count on. This update messed with so many things I don't know if it is reliable or not.

My phone helps me generate income, would you go into a mechanics garage and move the wrenches and pliers and screwdrivers around.

Phones have passwords because they are personal, private tools, who are you to come in an re-arrange the furniture in my house?

How do I fix it so it works like I want it to. Motorola makes great hardware at very good prices, but I have to leave if you don't get your own software or tell Google to stop playing silly games. 

Paratwa
Punch Card
Views: 884
Message 8 of 15

I agree, the time it now takes when I touch the minimize button to when it actually minimixes is driving me crazy! No matter if I minimize or hit the home key it takes 4 seconds to respond.

This phone used to be very responsive with Android 8. Now it's slow and buggy.

Please fix it!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 879
Message 9 of 15

Hi marknoo,

I understand your preferences, however, the search bar and volume control are working as designed. We don't have control over that as it's part of the software upgrade. Can you please tell us more your concern about the DND and as well as the screen locking while using apps; does it only happen while using third-party apps, how about the pre-installed apps? 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Emerillon
Paper Tape
Views: 789
Message 10 of 15

The menu from the top is horrible.

The volume management ringtone, alarm, ... is boring.

The bottom bar has become very small and not nice.

To close the applications we must now think about which way to scan the screen before it was natural.

Not to mention the problems of sounds when I phone with the bluetooth on the car.

User experience very degraded with this update. I need a phone to work, I have no time to lose playing with the phone.

How to go back? I will have to waste time to force the android 8.X version?

Give us a link to force the update in the other direction.

Top Kudoed Authors