Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jim162
Paper Tape
Views: 1,188
Message 41 of 51

Re: Moto X4 is horrible after Android 9.0 Pie Update

I just bought a Moto X4.  I want to ensure that it NEVER updates its software to Pie, for reasons which are obvious on this thread.  

And, I want it to stop asking me if I want a software update, if that software update is for a Pie upgrade.

How do I do that?

Henry-PNW
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,124
Message 42 of 51

Go into Settings, then Applications. Force stop then disable "Motorola Update Services". 

KrisKK
What's DOS?
Views: 884
Message 43 of 51

Hello, I was struggling with Android 9 as well, for about a month maybe. A friend of mine has the same phone with no issues at all ... I was really frustrated, we've started comparing our settings the other day and the only difference was that my developer options were on. Once I switched them off all came back to normal. Hopefully this can help someone.

Cheers,

Kristina

Henry-PNW
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 865
Message 44 of 51

I would suggest you check the apps you have installed. I have enabled the developer's settings and I have not experienced the battery drain people are talking about. I just recently purchased the US version of the phone. Previously I have the Indian version. Both run great and battery life is very good. The battery manager allows you to find misbehaving apps. 

Manny911
Paper Tape
Views: 743
Message 45 of 51

Let your phone adjust to it may take some time and remember once we get used a one update then another one comes out we need to get used to it as well...and don't try to flash any ROMs to the devise which will make it much worse..don't worry you will get used to it..trust me the latest version is the best one out at this moment

Adi658b
Paper Tape
Views: 353
Message 46 of 51

You have totally screwed up the phone with new update. No brightness, no volume, the phone rings in the background and don't get to know if I am getting a call, have tried all possible solution. Safe mode, restarts, factory reset.what on Earth were you thinking? And you talk about safety features? If someone has a problem they will manually reduce the freaking brightness and volume. Why on Earth would you turn it down completely. What is the fix for these things?? Is there a new update coming? Feel like throwing my phone in the bin

I want the fix now! Else return me my freaking 23000 rupees 

Highlighted
Henry-PNW
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 318
Message 47 of 51

Dude, calm down. I've had two of these and they are great phones. The first one updated, I had a few minor problems that took a bit of time to figure out, but afterwards, the phone is actually just a bit better with a few of the new options. If you're having a lot of problems, make sure you've backup up all your data, then do a factory reset. Personally, I think this is the last result. Try going into Settings then Sound. You can check the different volume settings and check to make sure the ring tone or notification tone is on your phone. Try a different tone and see if that fixes the problem. If you have specific apps that are having a problem, go into Settings, then Apps & notifications. Check to make sure the app has the proper permissions to give notifications. Sounds like you've missed something in the settings that is causing all your problems. Double-check everything and I'm sure you'll find it. BTW - Do you get any startup sounds?
Adi658b
Paper Tape
Views: 315
Message 48 of 51

Yes I used to like the phone so much before the update. However after it got updated, it's all messed up. Thanks for all your suggestions. But I have tried most of them. If some how I could fix the volume and the call in background issue, I can live with it. Any start up sounds as in when the phone starts?? Now that you have said, I noticed there is no sound. Earlier I used to get the Moto sound/tune while starting up.. 

Henry-PNW
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 310
Message 49 of 51

When you go into the sound settings, are the levels set to high? Also, have you tried switching notifications tones to make sure you're aren't corrupted?
fleshmaj
What's DOS?
Views: 182
Message 50 of 51

After the update mine is now not taking a charge and is a 0% battery. I get to the startup screen and try to do a reset but it just goes black.  Anyone have advice? 

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors