cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tidus79001
Punch Card
Views: 739
Message 1 of 4

Moto X4 low internal storage - apps on SD (possible workaround?)

It seems that many people are reporting this 32GB ic internal storage is full, or near full on the Moto X4.  It does seem to me that the image is bloated of that something is hogging much of the space (even though attemps to identify what has been elusive).  Perhaps Motorola needs to check if there is some bug.  I added an SD card several weeks ago and found that apps cannot be moved to the SD  card.  That being said this morning I was looking in the "Developer Options" screen and found a setting, "Force allow apps on external" that seems to be exactly what we want.  I haven't tested it, but thought I'd check to see if anyone has tried this setting, and what the results were, or if this would make any difference due to how Motorola has adoptable storage disabled on the phone.  The following link has details about this setting.

https://lifehacker.com/the-coolest-features-you-can-unlock-in-androids-develop-1789517222

PowurPlayr
Paper Tape
Views: 594
Message 2 of 4

Re: Moto X4 low internal storage - apps on SD (possible workaround?)

I found this after the Pie update under the Moto Help app:

Screenshot_20181221-151221.pngScreenshot_20181222-101558.png                                                                                           I haven't tried this as I am waiting for my new UHS-1 SD card...

Tidus79001
Punch Card
Views: 473
Message 3 of 4

@PowurPlayr wrote:

I found this after the Pie update under the Moto Help app:

Screenshot_20181221-151221.pngScreenshot_20181222-101558.png                                                                                           I haven't tried this as I am waiting for my new UHS-1 SD card...

This doesn't work.  There is not an option to choose between internal storage and portable storage.  The guide is just a generic guide that only works for phones where the internal storage option is enabled in the ROM.  If anyone has gotten this to work on a Moto X4 please reply back with actual instructions and not a bogus helper guide.

ucsm
Paper Tape
Views: 155
Message 4 of 4

Just tried it and no joy.

Top Kudoed Authors