Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UnoriginalGMan
What's DOS?
Views: 5,009
Message 1 of 14

Moto X4 speaker is very quiet

My phone speaker has been unbearably quiet all day. In phone calls I can hardly hear people even with it turned up all the way, and when playing music or videos with the volume all the way up it sounds like it's as low as possible.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,891
Message 2 of 14

Re: Moto X4 speaker is very quiet

@UnoriginalGManwrote:

My phone speaker has been unbearably quiet all day. In phone calls I can hardly hear people even with it turned up all the way, and when playing music or videos with the volume all the way up it sounds like it's as low as possible.

We are sorry to hear about that, may I know, from when are you facing this issues? Was your device speaker in contact with liquid? Have you tried Device help? Please test your speaker in Device help app and let us know how it goes?

Thanks,

-Swaraj

ramdve
Token Ring
Views: 4,887
Message 3 of 14

You can try with restarting your phone
Moto X4
UnoriginalGMan
What's DOS?
Views: 4,881
Message 4 of 14

I don't think it was in contact with water, it was fine when I went to bed and messed up the next morning. In Device Help I tested the speaker and when it plays the ringer at "max volume" I need to have it right by my ear to hear anything. Restarting didn't help either unfortunately

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,848
Message 5 of 14

@UnoriginalGManwrote:

I don't think it was in contact with water, it was fine when I went to bed and messed up the next morning. In Device Help I tested the speaker and when it plays the ringer at "max volume" I need to have it right by my ear to hear anything. Restarting didn't help either unfortunately

Thank you for trying, please be informed that, if you have already tried all the troubleshooting steps such as > removing any case cover, reset app settings to default, safe mode, FDR with our restoring any app--- the only option would be to send your device for service/repair.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

Beyondbored
What's DOS?
Views: 4,233
Message 6 of 14

So had this same issue, everything was super quiet including playing music on Spotify YouTube Everything. It sounded as if the audio wouldn't go any more Beyond if you were in a regular call with somebody so I called somebody, turned the speakerphone on and it was loud like nothing was wrong. I ended the call and everything was working again and my audio was playing full sound. I think it bugged out when I had a phone call earlier in the day, set it to speaker, turned speaker off, and hung up. Wierd but super glad it fixed it. Before that, I restarted phone twice and didn't work. Alarm audio wasn't working either till I did the calling fix. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,215
Message 7 of 14

@Beyondbored wrote:

So had this same issue, everything was super quiet including playing music on Spotify YouTube Everything. It sounded as if the audio wouldn't go any more Beyond if you were in a regular call with somebody so I called somebody, turned the speakerphone on and it was loud like nothing was wrong. I ended the call and everything was working again and my audio was playing full sound. I think it bugged out when I had a phone call earlier in the day, set it to speaker, turned speaker off, and hung up. Wierd but super glad it fixed it. Before that, I restarted phone twice and didn't work. Alarm audio wasn't working either till I did the calling fix. 

Hi Beyondbored,

Glad to hear that you wear able to resolve the same, and we thank you for reporting--- this is strange, we would like to know more on this. Are you are able to replicate the same?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Rahul68268
What's DOS?
Views: 3,757
Message 8 of 14

Pls provide solution of this problem

Highlighted
THILAK_KUMAR
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,326
Message 9 of 14

Try resetting phone or go to safe mode and check speaker volume if these didn't work go to service centre bro

SomeNothingness
Token Ring
Views: 3,317
Message 10 of 14

Try stopping the TemPow service under settings, system, Dev options, tempow service. This service partially controls noise cancelling and audio services. Might be messing with mics. 

Top Kudoed Authors