• Views: 37577
  • Message 21 of 28

Re: Moto settings app for secundary android user

2018-01-31, 18:49 PM

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

Ella, When I was trying to get bugreport via adb command ADB bug report didnt work, instead ADB bugreport command worked. But the issue is details of bug report only displays in cmd window, it doesnt save anywhere in directory. If I copy the bugreport from cmd window and save in a text file will it work?

- Ella

There's no harm in trying. But we would like to ask if the same concern persists after you got Oreo? - Ella

Dear Ella,

I was asking if I copy bugreport details from cmd window and give it you, will it work? coz I didnt find bug report zip file anywhere in the directory.

The bug is on Oreo itself and it was on nougat too.

Sorry didn't make it clear. Yes, it should work. I would suggest resetting your device with no restore and observe your phone. And if the issue persists, then let us know. - Ella

Yes I already did reset two times after it got updated to oreo without any kind of app restore after reset, but issue always persist.

Can you try these so we can get a new report? Write up steps for getting bug report from 2nd user using ADB

1. Enable USB debugging as normal
2. Install ADB on computer
3. While on the first (main) profile plug in the phone
4. From a command screen type adb devices
5. On the phone you will be prompted to accept the connection
6. Once the device is fully connected, switch to the 2nd user. DO NOT DISCONNECT THE PHONE
7. Now that you're on the 2nd user profile type the following command: adb bugreport > bugreport.txt
8. The bug report will be saved to the directory you're currently in as a text file.
9. Zip the bug report
9. Upload this zip file to Google Drive
10. Share the link with us once you have uploaded it. 

- Ella

Options

46 Posts

01-03-2018

IN

145 Signins

843 Page Views

• Views: 843
  • Message 22 of 28

2018-02-02, 10:13 AM

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

Ella, When I was trying to get bugreport via adb command ADB bug report didnt work, instead ADB bugreport command worked. But the issue is details of bug report only displays in cmd window, it doesnt save anywhere in directory. If I copy the bugreport from cmd window and save in a text file will it work?

- Ella

There's no harm in trying. But we would like to ask if the same concern persists after you got Oreo? - Ella

Dear Ella,

I was asking if I copy bugreport details from cmd window and give it you, will it work? coz I didnt find bug report zip file anywhere in the directory.

Sorry didn't make it clear. Yes, it should work. I would suggest resetting your device with no restore and observe your phone. And if the issue persists, then let us know. - Ella

Yes I already did reset two times after it got updated to oreo without any kind of app restore after reset, but issue always persist.

Can you try these so we can get a new report? Write up steps for getting bug report from 2nd user using ADB

6. Once the device is fully connected, switch to the 2nd user. DO NOT DISCONNECT THE PHONE
7. Now that you're on the 2nd user profile type the following command: adb bugreport > bugreport.txt
8. The bug report will be saved to the directory you're currently in as a text file.
9. Zip the bug report

- Ella

Madam Ella

adb bugreport > bugreport.txt command too didnt work. I advise you to kindly recheck on your own before advising  suggestions to novice users. I'm struggling with generating a bug report since a month that too with help of motorola's official devs. dosnt it sounds like u guys are missing something from your part.? coz i feel regretful after buying this device.

Options

46 Posts

01-03-2018

IN

145 Signins

843 Page Views

• Message 23 of 28

2018-02-02, 10:34 AM

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

- Ella

Dear Ella,

9. Zip the bug report

- Ella

Ella,

sorry i was trying hard with both command seperately adb bugreport > bugreport.txt but it was not working. finally I learned to try command adb bugreport > bugreport.txt contineous and it worked.

here is the link for bug report bug report secondary user.

Options

2438 Posts

12-19-2016

PH

477 Signins

37577 Page Views

• Message 24 of 28

2018-02-02, 16:38 PM

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

- Ella

Dear Ella,

9. Zip the bug report

- Ella

Ella,

sorry i was trying hard with both command seperately adb bugreport > bugreport.txt but it was not working. finally I learned to try command adb bugreport > bugreport.txt contineous and it worked.

here is the link for bug report bug report secondary user.

It's great to hear that it has finally worked. Thanks for the bug report. I have sent it to our Engineers for further investigation. I will send you an update once available. - Ella

Options

2438 Posts

12-19-2016

PH

477 Signins

37577 Page Views

• Message 25 of 28

2018-03-06, 14:22 PM

Hi payton-xt1900,

Sorry for the delay in response. Can you try to enter again on 2nd user? Wait for 30 seconds before opening the Moto app. Features should be displayed and the user will be able to turn On One Nav for 2nd user. Let me know how it goes. 

- Ella

Options

46 Posts

01-03-2018

IN

145 Signins

843 Page Views

• Message 26 of 28

2018-03-07, 6:41 AM

wrote:

Hi payton-xt1900,

Sorry for the delay in response. Can you try to enter again on 2nd user? Wait for 30 seconds before opening the Moto app. Features should be displayed and the user will be able to turn On One Nav for 2nd user. Let me know how it goes. 

- Ella

Hi Ella,

I checked...after reboot when i went 2nd user second time (1st time everything fine as previously reported) required settings appeared after 30-40 secs. But when again i entered 3rd time it get disappeared no matter how longer I wait. There's only workaround I discovered to get those settings back is adding moto actions app with palm icon (not moto app) as widget via a custom launcher (nova) and opening it. 

Options

46 Posts

01-03-2018

IN

145 Signins

843 Page Views

• Message 27 of 28

2018-04-24, 8:30 AM

wrote:

wrote:

Hi payton-xt1900,

- Ella

Hi Ella,

I checked...after reboot when i went 2nd user second time (1st time everything fine as previously reported) required settings appeared after 30-40 secs. But when again i entered 3rd time it get disappeared no matter how longer I wait. There's only workaround I discovered to get those settings back is adding moto actions app with palm icon (not moto app) as widget via a custom launcher (nova) and opening it. 

I didnt hear any further pregress to encounter this bug.

Options

46 Posts

01-03-2018

IN

145 Signins

843 Page Views

• Message 28 of 28

2018-05-08, 3:16 AM
I'm happy that atleast this bug is fixed with the lestest Indian version update
Gud work
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete