Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto X PhonesMoto X4
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

05-22-2018

India

23 Signins

256 Page Views

• Views: 256
  • Message 21 of 98

Moto X4 Charging Issues

2019-05-06, 4:39 AM

Hi there, 

My Moto X4 doesn't charge properly post march 2019 security update. 

Whenever i plug in for charging it doesn't start charging. I have checked with different charging points  in my home.
I have also tested in hallway, room, kitchen and other possible different house also. What's the problem here ?

Sometimes it charges. But it keeps showing chaging slowly. But often it doesn't charge.

I have also cross checked with the other moto x4 turbo chargers as well. But it remains unchanged.

I have performed testing in safe mode also but it ain't start charging.

Could you please rectify the issue asap in the next software update.? As it's a matter of serious concern.!

Regards,

Krishna.

Options

9 Posts

06-01-2019

United States of America

12 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 22 of 98

Re: Moto x4 battery refuses to accept charge

2019-06-01, 21:04 PM

This is happening to me. As soon as I got the latest update my phone started being very slow. Now it says plugged in can't charge right now. I hope someone finds a solution to this

Options

4 Posts

06-11-2019

United States of America

5 Signins

100 Page Views

• Views: 100
  • Message 23 of 98

2019-06-11, 4:21 AM

Hello,

I'm also having the same problem. But the problem just started this mornin for me. It's 9pm now and I haven't been able to use my phone unless it's plugged in. It's only at 8% right now. If not plugged in it will drop but I've noticed if I keep it plugged in it tends to stay at the given percentage. 

My phone was working perfectly normal yesterday. I've never had a battery issue with it until today. I've tried to reboot but it didn't seem to work. The charge percentage hasn't changed. I noticed this thread was a little old and was hoping there was any update? I really need my phone to actually work for my job so I either need it fixed in the next 48 hours or I'll probably have to get a new battery or phone.

Please let me know ASAP if they're any updates. Thank you.

Options

1 Posts

06-14-2019

United States of America

1 Signins

9 Page Views

• Views: 9
  • Message 24 of 98

2019-06-14, 20:59 PM

Mine bricked this morning. After last update Wednesday night June 12th, it was not reading more than 74% battery despite being plugged into the factory turbo charger all day. This morning it was reading 17% so I plugged it in, get the lightning bolt, can't boot or reset or anything.

Just bought an S9+ this morning, can't be without a phone.

Options

9 Posts

06-01-2019

United States of America

12 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 25 of 98

2019-06-15, 16:00 PM

If you're receiving the message "plugged in, can't charge right now" it means your phones battery is instantly broken and there's no repair. You can attempt to buy a battery online, remove the glass yourself, and replace the battery but good luck getting a battery. Mine never shipped. I was going to throw the phone in the trash but decided to call Motorola. They said my phone was out of warranty even though I only had my replacement device 6 months. Apparently the one year warranty only applies to the original phone. I complained and complained until Motorola offered to send me a replacement device for 93$ if I sent them my old phone.

Sorry guys. Hate to be the one to say it, but your phone is broke if it's not charging

Options

4 Posts

06-11-2019

United States of America

5 Signins

100 Page Views

• Views: 100
  • Message 26 of 98

2019-06-17, 17:25 PM

Just giving an update. My phone was done for, the battery was completely dead. And the Motorola warranty doesn't cover the battery at all so I ended up getting a new phone. Also got a third party added warranty that DOES cover the battery and lasts for 3 years. I highly recommend doing that. I managed to get it for only $18 using square trade. Sorry but it looks like there is not quick fix for the problem. Also I don't think it's an issue with the update since I got the Android 9 update months before I got an issue in the phone. 

Options

1 Posts

07-16-2019

United Arab Emirates

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 27 of 98

Moto X4 not charging

2019-07-16, 11:18 AM

Hi, i have a moto x4 a few weeks ago the device stopped charging not even showing any connections so i got the chargin port replaced, now it is showing that charger is connected even showing turbo power connected in the factory mode but when i check from settings or QCA it shows AC power connected and charging status not charging. Can you please help me out, do i need to replace the battery or is it a problem in the mainboard? I am using original charger and cable and have also tried other brand charger and cable

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Views: 178190
  • Message 28 of 98

Re: Moto X4 not charging

2019-07-16, 20:21 PM

Hi Asfand17,

Thanks for the post. I recommend to check if the phone is charging in the Moto Help app > Diagnosis > Hardware Test > Battery. Plug your charger and check if the charging status will change.  

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

1 Posts

07-18-2019

United States of America

2 Signins

12 Page Views

• Views: 12
  • Message 29 of 98

Re: Moto X4 not charging

2019-07-18, 17:40 PM

I was having a similar issue. Phone would not turn on or charge. It would not even let me reboot and seemed to have no power at all. Even while plugged in. I pulled the Sim out and put it back in. Problem solved!

My guess is that when I took it dirt bike riding, the shock misaligned the chip. Try this before returning it.

The phone has been great up until this issue. Good luck guys!

Options

3 Posts

07-24-2019

United States of America

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 30 of 98

2019-07-24, 20:58 PM

I can't believe they've marked this solved. My phone experienced the exact problems listed after update. Would freeze on a random % charge displayed until it shut down, and now it won't power back up. I tried the resets suggested. How can the mods have this marked solved with so many people reporting the same problem?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms