US

1164 Signins

157865 Page Views

• Views: 157865
  • Message 31 of 90

Re: Moto x4 battery refuses to accept charge

2019-07-26, 15:33 PM

Hi motobricked,

Thanks for posting on this thread. I'd like to confirm, did you restore/reinstall your third-party apps right after performing factory data reset?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

1 Posts

09-18-2019

IN

1 Signins

7 Page Views

• Views: 7
  • Message 32 of 90

Plugged in can't charge right now

2019-09-18, 12:33 PM

My mobile is not getting charged in the battery settings it show plugged in but can't charge right now ..I connected the charger at 10% and after leepkee it plugged in even whole night it doesn't get charged..I am using the original charger provided with the phone

Options

2 Posts

10-02-2019

US

5 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 33 of 90

Moto X4 - Battery Not Charging after Latest Sept 1 2019 Update!

2019-10-02, 23:27 PM

Please help!

I just updated the latest Update after being prompted for it yesterday (September 1 Update) on my Moto X4.

And it's been a nightmare. My phone won't charge. It was stuck at 2% this morning when I work up. And then when I took the phone with me to work, it shut off and would not turn back on... or acknowledge it was charging. The "lightning bolt" graphic would come on when I plugged in my charger, but it would not go further than that, or even display a percent of charging.

I have only been able to get my phone on after holding the POWER and VOL DOWN buttons, and selecting Factory Mode. Then I am able to get my phone on and Android loaded, but it won't charge any further than 2%. So at the moment, I can only use my phone when it is plugged in.

I tried shutting off my phone and charging it. But it doesn't charge. While it is powered on, it shows it is charging, but it doesn't go further than 2%.

Also the LED notification light (which I have never really ever seen ON) is on SOLID when the phone is on. Not sure what that means.

How do I fix my phone? Can I roll back the update, or reset something? HELP!!!

I have already read a few things on this forum... to try to troubleshoot, but didn't see this specific problem after the latest update. I have used different chargers, cables, and even removed the sim and Micro SD card, with no luck.

Thanks in advance for any help!

-- Chris

Options

11411 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1164 Signins

157865 Page Views

• Message 34 of 90

Re: Moto X4 - Battery Not Charging after Latest Sept 1 2019 Update!

2019-10-03, 18:38 PM

Hi riofta,

Thanks for posting. Just to make sure, you can power on the phone and use it while charging but the charge won't exceed more than 2%? If you can still boot up the phone, you can try doing the factory data reset via Settings. There's no native way to rollback to the previous OS and the LED notification sometimes indicates that the phone is in deep discharge but should be gone when the phone has taken enough charge, otherwise, there could be some sort of failure in the hardware.

Factory Data Reset:
Settings > System > Reset options > Factory Reset

Backup files before doing reset so you won't lose them. 

Just don't yet restore your backup once the phone has been reset.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2 Posts

10-02-2019

US

5 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 35 of 90

Re: Moto X4 - Battery Not Charging after Latest Sept 1 2019 Update!

2019-10-03, 23:53 PM

The phone was working fine before the latest update. No problems ever till the update.

I'm thinking Motorola is purposely doing this to sell more phones. Like what Apple did.

I'm afraid to reset the phone, if it won't charge. Would rather do it if it had at least 20% battery... but I only get up to 2%.

Has anyone looked into a posslble class action lawsuit? If there's so many people that are being affected with non-working phones, it's more than likely Motorola is doing this purposely. But with so many people having problems with Motorola phones, it would make me not want to get another Motorola and find a better well-known brand that works without problems.

I agree with the others that Motorola should be the ones fixing this problem with an update. I would wait till then, but I need a working phone. So will probably go buy a non-Motorola phone in the meantime.

Options

8 Posts

04-01-2016

US

9 Signins

71 Page Views

• Views: 71
  • Message 36 of 90

Battery, but not battery - Moto X4

2019-10-22, 1:49 AM

Hi there,

I purchased an Android One Motorola X4 through google last April (2018) and have loved it ever since.

Last week I awoke to the battery not fully charged, and no longer charging. After messing with different charging cables and trying to shut down, restart and factroy reset, I called google. I was no longer under warranty and so they sent me to UBreakIFix. 

I brought it in and they said originally that it was not the charging port, but the battery needed to ne replaced. They ordered the parts and then called saying that it didnt fix the charging issue. They said it was probably a motherboard issue, and they dont fix that. 

Mind you, the battery SOMETIMES drops battery immediately and dies, and other times charges some and holds that charge for hours on end. If its plugged in it works fine, but without constant external power, it sometimes dies and sometimes doesnt. 

When plugged in it says "Plugged in, cant chagre right now".

I called motorola and they said because I was outside of warranty it would be 120 to send in. I was fine with that. They then said I should instead bring it to a certified motorola repair place (CPR repair).

I brought it to them and the guy immediately said its not worth his time. Said it would cost $60 just to diagnose it and then $25 for the battery and $15 for the charge port. After that I mentioned I already brought it into UbreakIFix and they said it was neither of those things. He says if its the motherboard, there is nothing to be done, other then to buy a new phone.

I am having a REAL difficult time understanding this because since getting the phone back from UBreakIFix this AM, it has stayed at a normal battery level (56% from bringing it home at 1pm to 49% 6 hours later). If I plug it in now, it says "Plugged in, Cant charge right now".

I really like this phone and cant imagine its so messed up that it cant be fixed.. Also since it seems to be working perfect other than charging. 

There has to be something else I can do.. 

Any help would be appreciated 

Options

11411 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1164 Signins

157865 Page Views

• Message 37 of 90

Re: Battery, but not battery - Moto X4

2019-10-22, 14:14 PM

Hi Shantor88,

Thanks for posting. There are some troubleshooting steps suggested here, kindly try them especially the factory data reset without restore, that will help us determine if this is still a software causing the issue. Once done, calibrate the battery.

To perform a battery calibration:

1. Force reboot the device by holding the power button until the device reboots.
  2. Plug into the supplied charger.
  3. Charge to 100% and leave on the charger for at least an additional hour after getting to 100%.

See if there's an improvement, otherwise, it could be a hardware failure that needs to be repaired. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Options

8 Posts

04-01-2016

US

9 Signins

71 Page Views

• Views: 71
  • Message 38 of 90

2019-10-22, 15:52 PM

Dude.. this is not solved. Did you not read the message? 

I tried getting it fixed at a certified repair place and they would not take it. How do I get it fixed if no one can fix it? 

Options

2 Posts

10-23-2019

US

3 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 39 of 90

2019-10-23, 0:29 AM

"Charge to 100%" he says. LMAO. Do you people even read the threads before replying, and marking them solved?

Same problem with my X4. I'm down to 0% now and can only use it plugged in and in factory mode.

Lenovo has practically bricked our phones with a software update and is apparently not going to do anything about it.

Options

11411 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1164 Signins

157865 Page Views

• Message 40 of 90

2019-10-25, 17:33 PM

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I suggested doing the factory data reset without restore before actually calibrating the battery. That should fix it if it's related to software causing the failure and it's unlikely the software update causing this, it could be a hardware failure. We recommend sending it for repair/replacement.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete