Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto X PhonesMoto X4
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

06-01-2019

United States of America

12 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 61 of 98

Re:Moto x4 battery refuses to accept charge

2020-09-09, 17:32 PM
  • Correct, all three phones will not accept a charge of any kind.
  • Motorola has repaired each phone for an outrageous fee of $150.
  • Currently looking for others who have experienced similar issues and would like to submit their information for a class action LAWSUlT. 
  • removed -privacy - Rich
Options

336 Posts

08-30-2018

United States of America

842 Signins

17438 Page Views

• Views: 17438
  • Message 62 of 98

2020-09-10, 22:09 PM

@ GreenUrb wrote:

• Correct, all three phones will not accept a charge of any kind.
  • Motorola has repaired each phone for an outrageous fee of $150.
  • Currently looking for others who have experienced similar issues and would like to submit their information for a class action LAWSUlT. 
  • removed -privacy - Rich

Hello,

I'm very sorry to hear this, its quite unusual to have this many not taking a charge after replacing or repairing the device.  I'd like to look into this for you and see what I can do to help.  I'm going to send you a private message so that I can get some further details.

Becky

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

9 Posts

06-01-2019

United States of America

12 Signins

38 Page Views

• Message 63 of 98

2020-09-11, 23:38 PM

I respectfully disagree with you. The entirety of this forum is based off ONE SINGLE ISSUE, which I, among many others have experienced. The batteries on the Motorola x4 will prematurely fail. I personally bought a brand new Moto x4 straight from Motorolas website. 10 months later the phone failed and I had to pay to $150 to get it "repaired" which upon further investigation was not a repair, but instead a refurbished phone sent back in place of my device. Big surprise this refurbished replacement failed within 6 months. I was told this replacement device did not carry a warranty long enough to cover the same issue and again I was offered another $150 "repair". I declined and was able to buy another Motorola x4 from Amazon. This device functioned for 5 months until it too stopped charging. I literally have a drawer full of Motorola x4s that all have the same failure. If anyone from this forum would like to exchange information related to this specific device malfunction, please do. I have contacted Motorola several times with no appropriate action taken on Motorolas end. Even on this specific forum, Motorola INSISTS this issue is "RESOLVED". This issue, in fact, is NOT resolved but instead quietly hushed by Motorola who is fully aware of this issue.

Anyone looking to resolve this issue or begin a class action LAWSUlT can contact me via email.

Remove (Admin removed email address for privacy reasons. Recommend using PM to not disclose your personal contact details publicly)

All repairs and device purchases were made under the above-mentioned email.

Options

5710 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3335 Signins

79001 Page Views

• Views: 79001
  • Message 64 of 98

2020-09-14, 14:50 PM

@ GreenUrb wrote:

I respectfully disagree with you. The entirety of this forum is based off ONE SINGLE ISSUE, which I, among many others have experienced. The batteries on the Motorola x4 will prematurely fail. I personally bought a brand new Moto x4 straight from Motorolas website. 10 months later the phone failed and I had to pay to $150 to get it "repaired" which upon further investigation was not a repair, but instead a refurbished phone sent back in place of my device. Big surprise this refurbished replacement failed within 6 months. I was told this replacement device did not carry a warranty long enough to cover the same issue and again I was offered another $150 "repair". I declined and was able to buy another Motorola x4 from Amazon. This device functioned for 5 months until it too stopped charging. I literally have a drawer full of Motorola x4s that all have the same failure. If anyone from this forum would like to exchange information related to this specific device malfunction, please do. I have contacted Motorola several times with no appropriate action taken on Motorolas end. Even on this specific forum, Motorola INSISTS this issue is "RESOLVED". This issue, in fact, is NOT resolved but instead quietly hushed by Motorola who is fully aware of this issue.

Anyone looking to resolve this issue or begin a class action LAWSUlT can contact me via email.

Remove (Admin removed email address for privacy reasons. Recommend using PM to not disclose your personal contact details publicly)

All repairs and device purchases were made under the above-mentioned email.

I can understand how this situation is frustrating. @MotoBecky is going to be your best point of contact to try and help you, please keep communicating with her. I believe she sent you a PM. Unfortunately, what you're experiencing with the phone not charging/battery dying is a sign of hardware failure, but we will do our best to help you however we can. 

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

14 Posts

01-06-2020

United States of America

6 Signins

115 Page Views

• Views: 115
  • Message 65 of 98

2020-10-08, 14:36 PM

Motorola really got away with a huge scam.  They waited until we were out of warranty, then pushed an update that broke our phones.  THEN they offer a bunch of fake solutions.  Power cycle, reset, factory data reset etc WILL NOT WORK ON A BRICK.  the downloadable 'fix' was marked as a virus by avast.  Ran it on an old pc anyway and it did not detect the phone.  New cables, new charger no help.  Never buy moto again.  Never buy lenovo again.  

Options

9 Posts

06-01-2019

United States of America

12 Signins

38 Page Views

• Message 66 of 98

2020-10-09, 19:13 PM

I received a Motorola update around April and ever since that update my phone displays a SIM CARD ERROR and constantly battles itself to maintain a signal. 

Options

5710 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3335 Signins

79001 Page Views

• Message 67 of 98

2020-10-09, 19:32 PM

@ GreenUrb wrote:

I received a Motorola update around April and ever since that update my phone displays a SIM CARD ERROR and constantly battles itself to maintain a signal. 

Did you ever work with @MotoBecky on your earlier issue with charging/battery? If not please reach out to her. 

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!

Options

5710 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3335 Signins

79001 Page Views

• Message 68 of 98

2020-10-09, 19:36 PM

@ RedneckSavant1 wrote:

Motorola really got away with a huge scam.  They waited until we were out of warranty, then pushed an update that broke our phones.  THEN they offer a bunch of fake solutions.  Power cycle, reset, factory data reset etc WILL NOT WORK ON A BRICK.  the downloadable 'fix' was marked as a virus by avast.  Ran it on an old pc anyway and it did not detect the phone.  New cables, new charger no help.  Never buy moto again.  Never buy lenovo again.  

We will continue to stand behind our products. If you're having the issues with your battery or charging then the device will have to be serviced/repaired. You can learn more about getting your phone repaired here: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/repair-faqs

I'm unsure what downloadable fix you're mentioning, but the only tools we ever recommend downloading is Rescue & Smart Assistant which does not contain any viruses. If Rescue & Smart Assistant was unable to see the phone then it's likely that the phone does need to be repaired.

-Tom

Options

47 Posts

08-17-2015

Germany

74 Signins

1027 Page Views

• Views: 1027
  • Message 69 of 98

2020-10-09, 19:51 PM

I think that a phone that needs to be repaired within the first two years is of bad quality. Yes, this can happen sometimes, But here we have many non-charging phones, so I think this is a quality or design issue. I also have lost one of my two X4 to this not charging bug.

That's okay as long as we customers are not left out in the cold. Mistakes happen. But to see how mistakes are handled puts a light on the manufacturer.

Moto X4 XT1900-7
Options

12 Posts

11-19-2019

United States of America

6 Signins

53 Page Views

• Views: 53
  • Message 70 of 98

2020-10-13, 12:39 PM

This device is beyond our support timeframe and can no longer be repaired.

If you have received this message in error or are still in warranty, contact us at 1-800-734-5870. If you are ready for a new device, please visit our online store.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms