Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto X PhonesMoto X4
All Forum Topics
Options

12 Posts

11-19-2019

United States of America

6 Signins

53 Page Views

• Views: 53
  • Message 71 of 98

Re:Moto x4 battery refuses to accept charge

2020-10-13, 12:47 PM

This device is beyond our support timeframe and can no longer be repaired.

If you have received this message in error or are still in warranty, contact us at 1-800-734-5870. If you are ready for a new device, please visit our online store.

Clearly you do not "stand by your products" - I can't express how slimy it was for M to send an update that broke hundreds of phones within a month of warranty expiration.

The software you mention has the ability to change bios and memory settings on the computer you install it.  It also requires Cdrive install.  I was an early adopter of the M.2 PCIE and at that time 256gig was plenty to run windows 8 and ancillary software.  With win10, NOW it is not.  When AVG tagged it as a threat I chose not to run your software on my financials computer.  Instead I ran it on a win10 laptop.  (After doing a full disc image because Motorola is a dishonest company, you did break my phone with that update, after all - you can understand why I would not want your software on my other devices - especially when I have to release you from any liability for damaging that device to use the software!)

So, in truth there is NO support.  Motorola DID break my phone.  AND if you check the boards you can see you did it to a lot of people. 

removed  Moto ripped me off.

Admin removed

Options

12 Posts

11-19-2019

United States of America

6 Signins

53 Page Views

• Message 72 of 98

2020-10-13, 12:53 PM

ONE LAST COMMENT:  It's a lie to mark a problem solved when it is not.  EACH post in a problem thread should be marked as solved by the person who submitted the problem before a THREAD is marked solved.  A better (honest) method would be to allow each person who submits an issue to mark it as resolved in relation to their post.  I'm sure it looks good to supervisors when an employee marks an issue solved - but it does not look good to the customer - especially when the problem remains.

Options

12 Posts

11-19-2019

United States of America

6 Signins

53 Page Views

• Message 73 of 98

Re: Moto x4 battery refuses to accept charge

2020-10-13, 13:05 PM
Proof I can't accept being ripped off: Still posting here. Re: Moto x4 battery refuses to accept charge 2020-01-06, 7:33 AM ditto 7d here ‎"10-29-2018 08:32 PM My warranty expired literally 10 days ago. This is so frustrating I have the same problem and none of the steps listed help."
Options

12 Posts

11-19-2019

United States of America

6 Signins

53 Page Views

• Message 74 of 98

2020-10-13, 13:17 PM
" Re: Moto x4 battery refuses to accept charge 2019-01-09, 21:24 PM wrote: My warranty expired literally 10 days ago. This is so frustrating I have the same problem and none of the steps listed help. Have you tried using a different charger? - JM" Tech support questions 1) is it plugged in? 2) is it on? Customer response: yes. May I please have a representative that speaks English? It's a joke, but it's not. In truth, your customers have told you that they plugged it in, it doesn't turn on, they've tried different cords, different chargers, even some have tried different phones - yet in EVERY INSTANCE when moto pushes that after warranty update the phone BRICKS. So, yes. It's plugged in. No, it won't turn on. No, a new cord/charger has no effect. No, your software repair tool does not work. No, it's out of warranty (you knew that when you pushed the update.) AND NO, it's not worth paying the cost of the phone to mail it in and get it fixed/replaced - BECAUSE THOSE FAIL TOO. (That's pretty much a summation of this thread - right?) I'm actually amazed I managed to type that without offering personal insult to the less than diligent tech support personnel who have previously replied to this thread without actually reading the whole thread.
Options

12 Posts

11-19-2019

United States of America

6 Signins

53 Page Views

• Message 75 of 98

2020-10-13, 13:25 PM
Do a forum search: Moto X4 battery wont charge - - - 43768 results. Still don't think Moto did it on purpose>?
Options

5654 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3330 Signins

78651 Page Views

• Views: 78651
  • Message 76 of 98

2020-10-13, 15:54 PM

All, we know it's frustrating to have battery issues. There is no correlation between the software update and the battery failing. This is purely a failure of the hardware. The only solution is to have the device repaired. If you are still under warranty you can submit a repair request. If you are out-of-warranty there are also walk-in centers you can visit to have your phone repaired as well. If you're in the US you can visit this page to find the closest location: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/mcp/track-repair/service-center-locator

If you are outside the US, then please use the following link to look for repair options in your region: https://support.motorola.com/us/en/softwareupgrade/countryselector

@RedneckSavant and @GreenUrb 

We have made attempts to reach out to you regarding this situation. @MotoBecky has been trying to contact you. Please follow up with her. 

@RedneckSavant I understand you're beyond frustrated, but comments about enemies of our nation and repeated posting about the same issue will not be allowed. Please review the Community Guidelines. We are making all attempts to help you, but you need to follow-up with @MotoBecky

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

47 Posts

08-17-2015

Germany

74 Signins

1027 Page Views

• Views: 1027
  • Message 77 of 98

2020-10-13, 15:55 PM

Is it really the software that breaks the phone? Well, my 1st X4 was stock and is dead for a long time. My 2nd one is alive, running Lineage OS (Android 10). Right now it is getting an OTA update.

Moto X4 XT1900-7
Options

14 Posts

01-06-2020

United States of America

6 Signins

115 Page Views

• Views: 115
  • Message 78 of 98

2020-10-13, 17:35 PM

I'm afraid you misconstrued my comment simply stated it means buy USA products. in case you didn't catch the subtle nuance in the English language I was referring to moto as a USA product. And I was sad that I had to buy outside our country from those who do not have our best interests at heart just like we may not have their best interests at heart.

Options

14 Posts

01-06-2020

United States of America

6 Signins

115 Page Views

• Message 79 of 98

2020-10-13, 17:39 PM
Furthermore the ostrich comment that it had nothing to do with the update seems rather disingenuous.if you actually read the entire thread and look at the other threads about the Moto batteries not charging immediately after the update that single commonality is the soul thing they have shared. On a personal note when mine failed after I had accepted the update I turned off updates on my daughter's phone which still works. I did that because after reading the forums it became quite clear that it is in fact the update that was responsible for the device failure. Simply stating that it's not is not a sufficient answer for someone who claims to be tech support you must stay clearly the code that you updated and how it did not affect it if you need to I can read it and see I can read it in whatever computer language you want to give me and I will show you exactly how it caused it.
Options

14 Posts

01-06-2020

United States of America

6 Signins

115 Page Views

• Message 80 of 98

2020-10-13, 17:41 PM
If I end up having to sue Moto in order to obtain satisfaction rest assured I will take the ROM chip out of the defective device and open that code myself so the judge can see it. You'll probably ban me because I actually have an intelligent response and you disagree with it but know this I have far more knowledge about computers than you do. At least if what I read on your bio is accurate.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms