02-11-2016

United States of America

3179 Signins

66406 Page Views

• Views: 66406
  • Message 81 of 95

Re:Moto x4 battery refuses to accept charge

2020-10-13, 18:17 PM

@RedneckSavant1 We are here to help you get your device repaired. We have made multiple attempts to help you. Continuing to post without accepting the help we're offering will not get either of us anywhere and will do nothing but cloud up the thread with unneeded banter. If you'd like us to help you with your phone please reach out to @MotoBecky . Otherwise please review bullet point #5 on the Community Guidelines: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Moto-Owners-Forum-Site-Rules/td-p/3269704

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

12 Posts

11-19-2019

United States of America

6 Signins

53 Page Views

• Views: 53
  • Message 82 of 95

2020-10-13, 18:43 PM
Is there a better option available two years later than to offer me the opportunity to send it in for a free replacement for $150? I have repeatedly tried to let you guys know that asking a buyer to pay $150 to repair a $200 phone that broke immediately after Moto pushed an update, and which other consumer have stated caused their phones not to charge as well? When we've replaced chargers, charge cords, done soft and hard resets, tried the moto recovery software which was identified as a threat to my computer by AVG? Yet, I still tried it on an inexpensive machine and it still did not detect the phone? Does rule #5 prohibit me from helping other customers avoid my error of trusting Moto to provide a quality unit? Does stating that I didn't pay $150 to send it in somehow result in a phone that hasn't worked for two years mysteriously providing me two years of service? We can all agree I (now) have a defective phone. We can all agree that it happened (check the time/date posts) after a fresh moto update. We can all verify in the forums that those who did not accept the update and those who maintained extended warranties did not have this issue. Anecdotally, immediately after it happened to me and I saw the cause was the update I prohibited future updates on my daughter's phone which is still working like a charm. This is why I have chosen to contact you in a public forum on a consistent manner. I have actually contacted you thru the private contacts you provide without satisfaction. MY purpose here is to help other consumers. I believe this is yours as well? Thus I strongly suggest to all moto owners that they cease auto updates after warranty expiry and that they switch to manual upgrade only after they have insured that the update is stable. In truth, I strongly feel like I was ripped off. It's a missing tooth that I still feel every time my tongue brushes against it. In over two years I have posted repeatedly, yes. But I have not "hogged the airwaves". Thus I have not violated bullet point 5 to which you refer. If I wanted to do that I'd share my experience on facebook, twitter, snapchat and wechat. The samsung, umidigi, apple forums would likely love it as well. This is not what I have done. When I get an email response to my comments on this thread, I simply reply. Sometimes, I don't think of everything right away, so I add to that reply. I think that's called a 'chat'? Still, it is rather onerous to state that you have contacted me multiple times without reply - for that is demonstrably false. As in - THIS is a reply.
Options

12 Posts

11-19-2019

United States of America

6 Signins

53 Page Views

• Message 83 of 95

2020-10-13, 18:47 PM
Still, I'll click that @becky link one last time as you have 'repeatedly requested' and to which i have previously replied to see if there's a different option after two years. I trust it will not be 'hogging the waves' to post the result of that conversation?
Options

12 Posts

11-19-2019

United States of America

6 Signins

53 Page Views

• Message 84 of 95

2020-10-13, 19:05 PM
here is precisely what I sent to @MotoBecky: (*If I'm not banned by the time I get a reply I will attempt to make one last post here - the reply.) I have previously contacted moto support with no satisfaction with regard to this issue. (A $150 pricetag to repair/replace a $200 phone is unsatisfactory in light of user posts that state the new one also breaks after update to which moto offers yet another $150 repair.) There are over 40,000 posts regarding the moto x4 battery not charging after update on your forums. One guy had five of them and was readily able to relate that immediately after each phone got an update his phone stopped charging - that they died after the standby time remaining on battery expired. Some lucky few were able to resolve the issue before their batteries died and doing a hard reset, or by using the recovery software. Others, like me had it happen to one phone, stopped updates on their other moto x4 and were thus able to save their other phones. Given a moto update CAUSED my phone to fail, you can understand my reticence to install the recovery software when I am first forced to accept a release of liability for the damage it might do to my home computer? Still, I did it - using a lower cost computer - and it did not 'see' the phone. Therefore, I have recommended the following policy to Moto owners to insure they do not encounter the onerous results I have obtained from Moto: Before your device goes out of warranty, disable auto updates. When a new update comes out, wait. Make sure it's not causing problems on other user devices before you install it on yours. Had I done that I would still have two working Moto phones with the glorious camera that took photos far more exceptional in vibrancy than any device I have used since. now, instead of buying US like a patriot should, I am relegated to buying from foreign manufacturers who may not have our best interests at heart. (*reference Huawei spy software). Well, @MotoBecky - one of your tech guys has stated I have repeatedly not reached back out to you. (Although I consistently reply in forums.) Thus, I am reaching out one more time to see if there's something new you can do that might actually be a reasonable recompense and help me to restore trust in my hitherto most trusted phone manufacturer of over two decades. Brent PS: One little thing that bothers me about your forum policy is something you might be able to correct easily. While it may be good for productivity purposes to allow a tech to mark an entire forum as solved, it is not a good customer service policy. Not until ALL issues in a thread have been solved. Even better, let the consumer post whether it is solved or not!
Options

14 Posts

01-06-2020

United States of America

6 Signins

115 Page Views

• Views: 115
  • Message 85 of 95

2020-10-15, 21:27 PM

Here is the result from @MotoBecky:

Date: 10/15 2020

Hello,

I still haven't heard back from you with your contact information.

Becky

THAT was sent to my email (*eg my contact information)!!!

Options

3855 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3179 Signins

66406 Page Views

• Views: 66406
  • Message 86 of 95

2020-10-15, 22:25 PM

@ RedneckSavant1 wrote:

Here is the result from @MotoBecky:

Date: 10/15 2020

Hello,

I still haven't heard back from you with your contact information.

Becky

THAT was sent to my email (*eg my contact information)!!!

There is no need to post every correspondence. However, Becky has reached out to get a contact number from you so she can call you to discuss. 

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

1 Posts

10-20-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 87 of 95

2020-10-20, 13:30 PM

The same thing has happened to my Moto x4 after the latest OTA update.

Options

12 Posts

11-19-2019

United States of America

6 Signins

53 Page Views

• Message 88 of 95

2020-10-20, 21:45 PM

Still no response from @MotoBecky other than to reach out to my listed contact information (email) with a statement that she was awaiting my contact information - in spite of my having supplied Moto cutsomer support (phone) with home phone and address.  I'm only posting this update because someone posted they also had the issue, otherwise I would not have been prompted to keep you guys informed.

Options

12 Posts

11-19-2019

United States of America

6 Signins

53 Page Views

• Message 89 of 95

2020-10-22, 8:36 AM

Apparently, calling Moto directly was effective and I received an email asking for a good time to call me.  (The support person on the phone actually laughed when I told him that I'd received an email at my listed contact information that MotoBecky needed my contact information!)  I gave my phone and home address information and await MotoBecky's call.  Will update with the exact contact of that call once we make ends meet.  (Cross your fingers, maybe Moto is actually going to resolve the issue....)   Still, my recommendation remains:  turn off automatic updates, wait to insure any new updates are stable before manually installing them.  Otherwise you could end up with a brick like I did.

Options

1 Posts

11-28-2020

United States of America

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 90 of 95

2020-11-28, 15:58 PM

I would love to be a part of a class action if one is filed. This is bull ***removed***. 

***Removed by Admin. Please do not use vulgarity. Review guidelines: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Moto-Owners-Forum-Site-Rules/td-p/3269704***

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms