Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 123
Message 11 of 14

Re: Moto x4 battery refuses to accept charge

Rolling back to a previous version of the operating system is not possible and is probably the easiest way to turn your phone into a brick.  

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?  If so, what have you done?

It is unlikely that anything in the upgrade caused the problem.  If any universal software had such a bug, everyone would have the same problem.

starsy
Paper Tape
Views: 104
Message 12 of 14

This same issue is happening to me. I am just a bit frustrated with all of these errors. How does Lenovo, etc... not try to fix such software/hardware errors on their phones that is affecting MANY people. 

Seriously. I need to use my phone and not having a phone and not having it turn on is really inconvenient to doing basic tasks. 

Can anyone give me any tips? My phone won't turn on. Won't charge. Nothing is helping it. I tried to do the power reset of holding power button for 20s, I tried the other way by holding volume down and power button for 2 minutes. Nothing is working and I need my phone by tomorrow in order to navigate in my car. 

Ami30
Paper Tape
Views: 73
Message 13 of 14

Hi guys,

I am also experiencing same problem. My moto X4 is showing plugged but not charging right now. I tried all the steps mentioned please guide me further.

LPittenger
Paper Tape
Views: 13
Message 14 of 14

Add me to the ever-growing list of people this has happened to.

It only started after I updated the software.

My phone's stuck on 8%, shows "charging", yet the battery is not drawing/recharging any power.

I've tried all the steps:
* check cable and outlet
* different cables
* powering from computer USB as well as wall socket
* 30-sec-vol-down-plus-2-min-hold-power for the complete reboot.

I'd say, given all the reports, that it's pretty obvious at this point that the software update has broken some phones, even if not all of them, and is now preventing many batteries from charging.
Top Kudoed Authors