Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto X PhonesMoto X4
All Forum Topics
Options

83 Posts

01-18-2019

Philippines

40 Signins

2118 Page Views

• Views: 2118
  • Message 11 of 133

Re: Low Speaker Volume even on 'Full Volume' setting in Moto X4

2019-01-21, 20:04 PM

wrote:

I am having this annoying speaker volume @full volume issue with my Moto X4. As far as I recall, I think this started after some update in Oreo in 2018. Headphones aren't an issue .. I, in fact, need to reduce the volume whilst on my headphones. But without headphones only on plain speakers, the Moto X4 volume is low - very low even on a full volume setting. Any breakthroughs on this one ?

Hi Verbal,

Sorry to know that you're having this issue. What troubleshooting steps you've tried so far? Let me know.

Regards,
Mandy
Moto Support

Options

169 Posts

07-05-2011

India

82 Signins

869 Page Views

• Views: 869
  • Message 12 of 133

2019-01-22, 3:47 AM

Hi Agent_Mandy ,

I have not tampered with the OS at all, now on official, original Android P version after recent upgrade i.e., no rooting, no custom ROMs, no developer edition 'break-ins'. In short, nothing. Its odd because around the same time even prior to upgrade to 8.0 some time ago, the adaptive brightness became very dim (this issue got automatically fixed via the P upgrade). However, the issue of low output on 'Full Volume Settings whilst on Speaker' remains. I presume it can be fixed with a software update!? Any solution? Appreciate your support.

Options

83 Posts

01-18-2019

Philippines

40 Signins

2118 Page Views

• Message 13 of 133

2019-01-22, 18:36 PM

wrote:

Hi Agent_Mandy ,

I have not tampered with the OS at all, now on official, original Android P version after recent upgrade i.e., no rooting, no custom ROMs, no developer edition 'break-ins'. In short, nothing. Its odd because around the same time even prior to upgrade to 8.0 some time ago, the adaptive brightness became very dim (this issue got automatically fixed via the P upgrade). However, the issue of low output on 'Full Volume Settings whilst on Speaker' remains. I presume it can be fixed with a software update!? Any solution? Appreciate your support.

Hi Verbal,

Thanks for further explaining. I'd like to confirm, are you only having low volume while playing media such as Google Play Music? Is the volume normal with ringtones? Let's try testing this on safe mode. 

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.

-Mandy

Options

3 Posts

09-23-2015

United States of America

5 Signins

57 Page Views

• Views: 57
  • Message 14 of 133

2019-01-25, 16:17 PM

In my case the ringer volume is too low.  And the volume buttons only adjust the media volume, not ringer volume.  So I have to manually go to settings/sound and set ringer volume each time I come off mute (at least daily). 

Is there a way to swap controls ove the volume buttons or program so when media play is not present the buttons would control ringer volume?  Isn't this how phones typically work?  Volume buttons control ringer volume unless media is being play then they control the media volume.

Options

169 Posts

07-05-2011

India

82 Signins

869 Page Views

• Message 15 of 133

2019-01-26, 5:32 AM

Hi Agent_Mandy ,

Thanks! I tried the Safe Mode but the volume isn't going any higher even on safe mode. I don't use Google Play Music but I have this experience of low volume on YouTube whilst on full volume setting on speakers. As mentioned earlier, when the same is heard via headphones, I need to reduce volume then. Sorry to repeat. Needless to say here, I don't wish to root the device. Any solutions for this issue?

Options

83 Posts

01-18-2019

Philippines

40 Signins

2118 Page Views

• Message 16 of 133

2019-01-28, 20:51 PM

wrote:

Hi Agent_Mandy ,

Thanks! I tried the Safe Mode but the volume isn't going any higher even on safe mode. I don't use Google Play Music but I have this experience of low volume on YouTube whilst on full volume setting on speakers. As mentioned earlier, when the same is heard via headphones, I need to reduce volume then. Sorry to repeat. Needless to say here, I don't wish to root the device. Any solutions for this issue?

Does it happen even on your ringtone sound and other apps? Please proceed with the Factory Data Reset and be sure to back up your files before doing it. Here is the link.

-Mandy

Options

169 Posts

07-05-2011

India

82 Signins

869 Page Views

• Message 17 of 133

2019-02-04, 13:14 PM

Hi Agent_Mandy,

• I thought upgrading to a new OS version (Android P) itself should be as good as doing a factory reset. Nevertheless, I tried the factory reset again but the volume is still low on speakers despite the full volume setting.
  • Its possible that the YouTube videos aren't uploaded with a higher volume but having checked other 'player' 'radio' apps (some radio stations do sound loud enough) BUT I wish there was still room for better volume.
  • System High Volume Alert:
    I keep getting the 'high volume being harmful for ears' alert whilst on headphones which I inevitably cancel so as to enjoy a higher volume. Can't recall if I got the same for speaker use though OR if this sort of a restrictive setting is applied by default to the speakers on X4 which results in low volume on speakers .. is this possible??

Options

2 Posts

02-21-2019

India

3 Signins

53 Page Views

• Views: 53
  • Message 18 of 133

Re: Moto x4 low volume after Android pie update

2019-02-21, 23:14 PM

for me too... Before updating to Android pie(9.0) my phone volume is very good. I can able to hear it from a distance when it's ringing, but now even 1ft distance i can't able to hear when it's ringing. Due to this i missed many calls which is very important for me... I tried everything to resolve it but no use....

Options

2 Posts

02-21-2019

India

3 Signins

53 Page Views

• Views: 53
  • Message 19 of 133

Re: Moto x4 low volume after pie update

2019-02-21, 23:17 PM
Before updating to Android pie(9.0) my phone volume is very good. I can able to hear it from a distance when it's ringing, but now even 1ft distance i can't able to hear when it's ringing. Due to this i missed many calls which is very important for me... I tried everything to resolve it but no use....

Before updating to Android pie(9.0) my phone volume is very good. I can able to hear it from a distance when it's ringing, but now even 1ft distance i can't able to hear when it's ringing. Due to this i missed many calls which is very important for me... I tried everything to resolve it but no use....

Options

169 Posts

07-05-2011

India

82 Signins

869 Page Views

• Message 20 of 133

Re: Moto x4 low volume after pie update

2019-02-24, 5:43 AM

Here's a possible clue:

• In Android O, whenever I received a notification mid stream of a YouTube video, the volume 'ducked' and stayed ducked despite pressing the UP volume button.
  • Has this 'ducked state of volume' bug continued even in Android P which is why the highest volume on speakers in the device is low vis-a-vis any other audio playing app as well? Is this it?
  • Also while on call, I am not hearing the caller as loudly as I used to. I didn't complain about this because I needed to be sure.
  • Just for comparison, my house member's Samsung Galaxy J1 .. yes the three-four year old device running Android 4.4.4 has a very high volume .. in fact .. one needs to reduce the volume of the YouTube video being played. Why is the Moto X4 lagging in the volume department?
  • Moto X4 seems to be having a clear case of the 'Low Volume' bug.

Request Motorola to address this.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms