Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto X PhonesMoto X4
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

11-23-2018

India

7 Signins

44 Page Views

• Views: 44
  • Message 41 of 133

Re: Moto X4 April 2019 update

2019-04-19, 11:44 AM

Before pie update, i can listen my phone's sound from a good distance but now even my is in my pocket i can't listen sound of this phone while playing music.

Pie update made it's sound lower than before. Please fix it april security patch.

Options

5996 Posts

12-04-2017

India

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Views: 77328
  • Message 42 of 133

Re: Moto x4 low volume after pie update

2019-04-19, 14:42 PM

Hi All,

Thanks for your feedback, we would like to learn more about this. Could you help us understand the following below;

• When you say 'Low Volume Issue, is it on Calls? Does it happen when you call your contacts and put on speaker?
  • Are you only reffing to Speaker volume on Calls? What about media files like Music/Video on Speaker?
  • If its Media, are you testing with defaults apps or third-party?

If you notice the issue on Media—we would like to suggest having your device tested with Moto help/Device help app and let us know how it goes? If it fails—the next logical option would be to have your device sent for Repair/Replacement.

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Options

169 Posts

07-05-2011

India

82 Signins

869 Page Views

• Views: 869
  • Message 43 of 133

2019-04-19, 16:48 PM

Hi Agent_Swaraj,

The low volume issue is there on speaker calls BUT more so on speakers on full volume in media, especially, default app (like YouTube). Tested Moto Help and all seems well as per this software for hardware testing. Basically, I have issues with the speaker volume in media. I approached the repair centre for Motorola and they said all that can be done at best is to try out new speakers i.e., replace old speaker in the device earpiece with new one to get a possible 10% increase at best in volume output on speakers. So it made no sense to spend money on this for a 10% improvement. Is there any way, an update can sort this matter out for Moto X4?

Appreciate your support & cheers,

Options

332 Posts

02-11-2019

Philippines

105 Signins

5339 Page Views

• Views: 5339
  • Message 44 of 133

Re: Moto X4 sound became very low

2019-04-19, 17:16 PM

wrote:

Yes I updated it to pie couple of months ago but it was working fine after pie update. 

Hi! 

We have merged your post in this thread to further help you. Please try to perform the steps provided above in order to fix this. Let us know how it goes. 

Regards,
May
Moto Support

Options

6 Posts

02-08-2018

United States of America

13 Signins

71 Page Views

• Views: 71
  • Message 45 of 133

2019-04-19, 18:23 PM
i'm having the same problem. I dont think anyone understands that you just said. What is the Moto help/device help app? I tried to find it, my phone says it's installed but when I open it it's just some crap about using hand signals. Please keep in mind that most of us with problems are not tech people, you actually have to explain this stuff to us
Options

5 Posts

11-23-2018

India

7 Signins

44 Page Views

• Message 46 of 133

2019-04-20, 2:17 AM

Pie update ruin the sound quality of Moto X4 while playing music or any other media. This is surely a software issue. Fix it on next security patch. Seriously, sound of this pgone became half from it's previous sound quality.

Options

169 Posts

07-05-2011

India

82 Signins

869 Page Views

• Views: 869
  • Message 47 of 133

2019-04-20, 13:32 PM

@Agent_May: I realised that the two posts were merged. Am resending my detailed response to Agent_Swaraj's queries:

1. When you say 'Low Volume Issue, is it on Calls? Does it happen when you call your contacts and put on speaker? ANSWER: AS IT IS, WITH OR WITHOUT PIE, MOTO X4 ISN'T KNOWN TO HAVE A 'GOOD ENOUGH' SPEAKER VOLUME ON CALLS.
  2. Are you only reffing to Speaker volume on Calls? What about media files like Music/Video on Speaker? ANSWER: I USE MXPLAYER WHICH CAN ENHANCE/INCREASE SOUND FURTHER SO THIS FIXES THE SPEAKER VOLUME FOR MEDIA AND SO, IF & ONLY IF I HAPPEN TO USE SUCH AN APP WITH A FEATURE TO BOOST SOUND, I DON'T NEED TO COMPLAIN ON THIS.
  3. If its Media, are you testing with defaults apps or third-party? ANSWER: MY ISSUE IS MAINLY WITH DEFAULT APP - YOUTUBE VIDEOS WHEREBY I NEED TO PRESS ME EARS AGAINST THE SPEAKERS TO LISTEN TO THE VIDEO ON THE HIGHEST SPEAKER VOLUME SETTING. A FAMILY MEMBER OWNS A VERY MEDIOCRE SAMSUNG GALAXY J1 WHICH HAS EXCELLENT SPEAKER VOLUME. IN FACT, ONE NEEDS TO REDUCE THE VOLUME ON THIS DEVICE WHILST PLAYING THE SAME YOUTUBE VIDEO.

I, HOWEVER, WISH TO BRING THIS QUIRK/BUG TO YOUR NOTICE:

• BEFORE PIE UPGRADE, WHENEVER I RECEIVED SOME INCOMING MESSAGE LIKE FOR E.G. A SMS NOTIFICATION WHILST PLAYING A YOUTUBE VIDEO, THE SPEAKER VOLUME SOMEHOW 'DUCKED' FOR THOSE TWO SECONDS AND INSTEAD OF RISING BACK AGAIN TO THE ORIGINAL VOLUME SETTING, IT STAYED 'DUCKED' AT THAT PARTICULAR LOWER VOLUME SETTING AND DESPITE ATTEMPTS TO INCREASE THE VOLUME AGAIN TO THE ORIGINAL HIGHER SETTING, IT WENT FUTILE.
  • BUT SOMEHOW UPON OPENING THE YOUTUBE APP AFTER A BREAK OF MANY HOURS POST EXPERIENCING ABOVE BUG, THE SPEAKER VOLUME ALTHOUGH NOT VERY AUDIBLE EVEN ON HIGH VOLUME SETTING, COULD BE HEARD AT HIGHER LIMITS, ALBEIT AS PER THE 'MOTO X4' HIGHER LIMITS.
  • THIS "INCOMING NOTIFICATION AFFECTING THE YOUTUBE VIDEO VOLUME" BUG OCCURRED RANDOMLY AND NOT ALWAYS.
  • THIS MEANS THERE IS SOME SOFTWARE GLITCH/BUG CONCERNING SOUND MANAGEMENT WHEREIN VOLUME MANAGEMENT OF ONE FEATURE IS OVERLAPPING THAT OF THE OTHER - IN THIS CASE, THE SPEAKER VOLUME OUTPUT OF YOUTUBE VIDEOS.
  • I EVEN PLAY THE THIRD PARTY STREAMING APP CALLED TUNEIN RADIO PRO APP WHICH HAS QUITE A FEW RADIO STATIONS THAT NEED TO BE HEARD LOUDLY BUT CAN'T GO BEYOND A CERTAIN THRESHOLD.
  • SO ITS FAIR TO SAY THAT OVERALL THE SPEAKER VOLUME ON MOTO X4 NEEDED A LOT TO BE DESIRED RIGHT FROM THE START ITSELF DURING ANDROID 'O' DAYS AS WELL BUT DESPITE THIS, I FEEL THERE IS WAS/IS ALWAYS SOME SOUND MANAGEMENT BUG CRAWLING IN THE 'O' & 'P' VERSIONS THAT AFFECTS SPEAKER VOLUME OUTPUT AS DESCRIBED ABOVE.
  • HOPE YOU FIND A FIX AND SEND IN SOME UPDATE.

APPRECIATE YOUR SUPPORT & COOPERATION.

Options

6 Posts

02-08-2018

United States of America

13 Signins

71 Page Views

• Views: 71
  • Message 48 of 133

2019-04-21, 13:04 PM

this whole thing is a joke, right? People are trying to get answers to serious problems with their phones and you people post nonsensical crap that doesnt help a bit. I'll never do business again with a company that does not value their customers. You can take your Moto phones and stuff them. The one I have, Moto G5, is only a year old and it works like a ten yr old phone. Slower than hell, volume is about half of what it used to be, and no one gives a [removed] about helping. One guy told me some things to do that made no sense and I have never heard back from him. This is pitiful.

Options

5 Posts

04-09-2019

India

18 Signins

128 Page Views

• Views: 128
  • Message 49 of 133

2019-04-22, 9:21 AM

Selective focus and spot color is now working fine..no issues. Sound issue is.not major but it could be.high.

In quite place it's okay but when there just a little noise or room with with few people, it feels very low. I started using x4 on Pie udpate so cannot compare with other version. 

@agent_Swaraj

U have still not commented on April security patch and bug fixes. 

Options

5 Posts

11-23-2018

India

7 Signins

44 Page Views

• Message 50 of 133

2019-04-22, 9:46 AM

Before pie its sound is loud as much of Nokia 6.1 plus. I compared it with my brother's phone. This is really a big bug. Fix it asap, otherwise we have to buy new phone.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms