Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto X PhonesMoto X4
All Forum Topics
Options

20058 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2560 Signins

64633 Page Views

• Views: 64633
  • Message 51 of 133

Re: Moto X4 sound became very low

2019-04-22, 18:56 PM

wrote:
this whole thing is a joke, right? People are trying to get answers to serious problems with their phones and you people post nonsensical crap that doesnt help a bit. I'll never do business again with a company that does not value their customers. You can take your Moto phones and stuff them. The one I have, Moto G5, is only a year old and it works like a ten yr old phone. Slower than hell, volume is about half of what it used to be, and no one gives a [removed] about helping. One guy told me some things to do that made no sense and I have never heard back from him. This is pitiful. [removed]

Hi.

You have a point about insufficient instructions. However, you must follow all site rules if you want to post. It's when we're frustrated that we need rules - when stuff goes smoothly it's easy to be civil. You used inappropriate language and were insulting to a fairly large portion of the world in that post. 

To do the hardware test, go into your App Drawer and find the Moto Help app > Hardware test > Speaker. Let us know how that goes, then we can figure out next steps.

Please follow all rules if you want to participate.

Thanks.

- Matt (Forums Manager)

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

5970 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3357 Signins

80836 Page Views

• Views: 80836
  • Message 52 of 133

2019-04-22, 18:57 PM

First, please refrain from using all caps in your response. It's against the rules and is considered yelling. Second, based on your response, it sounds like you're unhappy with the performance of the speakers from the initial purchase, not something that suddenly started. happening. I will definitely pass that feedback along. I'd like to get some more info about the 'bug' you are seeing. I know it's random, but I've never encountered it on my X4. Is it possible to capture a video and generate a bug report for me when it happens? Below are steps on how to generate a Bug Report:

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable Usb debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
7. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

169 Posts

07-05-2011

India

82 Signins

869 Page Views

• Views: 869
  • Message 53 of 133

2019-04-23, 6:20 AM

@MotorolaTom: My ignorance got the better of me. Pardon me for the 'yell' all caps message - if there is a special permission route to edit it to 'sentence case with lower caps', I will correct it asap & repost the message.

Yes - although it looks like I have a flawed speaker on my Moto X4 to begin with, I can see a considerable amount of complainants in this forum on this issue. Anyway, I can do all the bug reporting bit, however, I don't use Google Drive for privacy reasons (don't wish to spread myself too much on Google than I already am on, hence the reason to avoid Google Drive). Is there any other way I can relay the bug to you or better yet, email it. Await reply. Thanks for the support.

Options

5970 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3357 Signins

80836 Page Views

• Views: 80836
  • Message 54 of 133

2019-04-23, 13:30 PM

wrote:

@MotorolaTom: My ignorance got the better of me. Pardon me for the 'yell' all caps message - if there is a special permission route to edit it to 'sentence case with lower caps', I will correct it asap & repost the message.

Yes - although it looks like I have a flawed speaker on my Moto X4 to begin with, I can see a considerable amount of complainants in this forum on this issue. Anyway, I can do all the bug reporting bit, however, I don't use Google Drive for privacy reasons (don't wish to spread myself too much on Google than I already am on, hence the reason to avoid Google Drive). Is there any other way I can relay the bug to you or better yet, email it. Await reply. Thanks for the support.

I understand, I will PM you and we can discuss further for your privacy.

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

169 Posts

07-05-2011

India

82 Signins

869 Page Views

• Message 55 of 133

2019-04-23, 16:35 PM
@MotorolaTom : Thanks for addressing the privacy concern. I have emailed it. Please check & advise. Appreciate your support.
Options

169 Posts

07-05-2011

India

82 Signins

869 Page Views

• Message 56 of 133

2019-04-25, 7:26 AM
@MotorolaTom :
.. just a mention about the email sent: The sent email address shows up for Bill Stuntz and my device was apparently already in 'Developer Mode' from the beginning or perhaps by default after the Pie Upgrade. Hope this helps.
Options

1 Posts

05-01-2019

India

2 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 57 of 133

Volume

2019-05-01, 15:31 PM

Volume of the video in Facebook is very low

Options

169 Posts

07-05-2011

India

82 Signins

869 Page Views

• Message 58 of 133

2019-05-05, 7:22 AM
@MotorolaTom : Hope you received my email. Any advice on the issue? Appreciate your support. Await reply.
Options

3 Posts

04-16-2019

India

10 Signins

63 Page Views

• Views: 63
  • Message 59 of 133

2019-05-06, 14:19 PM

No suggestions provided yet. Such poor service from Motorola never expected

Options

1 Posts

05-12-2019

India

1 Signins

9 Page Views

• Views: 9
  • Message 60 of 133

Re: Moto x4 low volume issue

2019-05-12, 20:28 PM

Moto X4 has a typical unique problem. The phone ringing sound is too good but man the volume for audios videos and speaker is horrible.

Is some fix possible or try calling back all phones of Moto X4 pls? This is pure businesses spirit

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms