Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto X PhonesMoto X4
All Forum Topics
Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Views: 178190
  • Message 81 of 133

Re: Moto x4 low volume issue

2019-06-11, 19:45 PM

We would like to further help with this. I'd like to confirm if everyone is having low volume for Media, Notification, and Ringtone, and Calls in the speaker or it's only affected to one of those? Let us know. Thanks. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

131 Posts

03-08-2019

United States of America

858 Signins

3813 Page Views

• Views: 3813
  • Message 82 of 133

2019-06-11, 20:52 PM

wrote:

We would like to further help with this. I'd like to confirm if everyone is having low volume for Media, Notification, and Ringtone, and Calls in the speaker or it's only affected to one of those? Let us know. Thanks. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

STOP trolling people. You've been very famiiar with this issue for a long time in other threads. Let me make this clear to you. Low volume for any sound coming out of the speaker. 

Options

5 Posts

06-12-2019

United States of America

3 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 83 of 133

2019-06-12, 13:56 PM

I will worry about my hearing! You should worry about whether or not I will ever purchase another Motorola phone given the fact that I now see this issue as an unsolved not addressed issue with Motorola phones!

Options

5 Posts

06-12-2019

United States of America

3 Signins

30 Page Views

• Message 84 of 133

Re: Moto x4 low volume

2019-06-12, 14:10 PM

Yes that is correct and obvious.

I believe the fix will be a phone manufactured by Samsung or LG or Nokia or Google or Apple or .... well you get the picture!

This is my first Motorola and I won't deal with the volume issue more than a couple weeks then I will switch brands and never come back to motorola

Options

5 Posts

06-12-2019

United States of America

3 Signins

30 Page Views

• Message 85 of 133

2019-06-12, 14:16 PM

Low volume everywhere! Even the "Hello Moto" at boot time is so low you almost can't hear it! That should tell you everything you need to know right there! Thats low volume at Boot Time. Kinda narrows it down!

Every time I use my phone and have to deal with the volume issue it angers me! How many times and for how long do you think that will happen, before I simply say enough and leave Motorola and never return?

My angerometer is pegged at - Bet I goto Best Buy this weekend!

Options

169 Posts

07-05-2011

India

82 Signins

869 Page Views

• Views: 869
  • Message 86 of 133

2019-06-12, 15:56 PM

Agent_Rich: Primarily, its the Media volume on speakers that needs work followed by Notification, Ringtone Volume, Calls in the speakers. Plainly speaking, overall the device lacks even a good speaker sound - its just about OK. I have used Motorola Defy, Moto X (first gen) & I don't remember Moto first gen X having any such issues. All the four sounds in First Gen X - Media, Notification, and Ringtone, and Calls in the speaker - were good to quite good. So, in comparison, theres a lot left to be desired re: these sounds in Moto X4.

On Repeat (sorry for that): Someone I know owns a Samsung Galaxy J1 from four years back and speaker volume on that is Lloouudd. Hence, this mystery about the tiny sound on speakers of Moto X4.

My observation: I suspect some restrictions are coming in the way of the sound because a similar thing happened to 'adaptive brightness' pre Android 9 wherein my device was stuck on low adaptive brightness % due a bug which I have reported here. However, the bug got automatically removed once the device was upgraded to Android 9. I see a pattern here. I think that the 'sound volume restriction' alert that keeps popping up ever so often while watching videos on speakers may provide a hint on this annoying bug.

In the end this is a smart'phone' - a device that relies on sound more than anything else and if its a tiny sound, then Motorola needs to provide a fix. And I don't wish to change the ear-piece **bleep** speaker component of the device and end up with a bigger mess so am hoping an update can fix this issue .. which apparently is widespread going by the comments here.

Let us know - thanks!

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Views: 178190
  • Message 87 of 133

2019-06-12, 19:30 PM

Hi Everyone,

We would like to further investigate this. Please send me a bug report and I'll have the team look into this. 

To capture Bug Report:
Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply.
Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.   

To enable developer options: 
1. Go to Settings > About phone > Build number  
2. Tap Build number seven times. After the first few taps, you should see the steps counting down until you unlock the developer options. Once activated, you will see a message that reads, “You are now a developer!”
3. Go back to Settings, where you’ll find a Developer options entry in the menu

If you haven't updated your profile yet, please update your forums profile too, the instruction to do so is on my previous post. Kindly check. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

131 Posts

03-08-2019

United States of America

858 Signins

3813 Page Views

• Views: 3813
  • Message 88 of 133

2019-06-12, 20:54 PM

wrote:

Hi Everyone,

We would like to further investigate this. Please send me a bug report and I'll have the team look into this. 

To capture Bug Report:
Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply.
Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.   

To enable developer options: 
1. Go to Settings > About phone > Build number  
2. Tap Build number seven times. After the first few taps, you should see the steps counting down until you unlock the developer options. Once activated, you will see a message that reads, “You are now a developer!”
3. Go back to Settings, where you’ll find a Developer options entry in the menu

If you haven't updated your profile yet, please update your forums profile too, the instruction to do so is on my previous post. Kindly check. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

People have already submitted bug reports, restarted their phones, rebooted in safe mode etc... This is an ongoing issue which has started since pie update many months ago. You know it and so do other moto agents on the forum. I will be complaining to higher-ups in the company since all we get from this forum is bunch of scripted responds from moto agents. 

Options

5 Posts

06-12-2019

United States of America

3 Signins

30 Page Views

• Message 89 of 133

2019-06-13, 2:00 AM

Stock BS

You know it's not a crash! 

Angerometer Guage still pegging in at Goto BestBuy Saturday replace junk Motorola with LG/Samsung

Options

9 Posts

04-03-2019

India

8 Signins

102 Page Views

• Views: 102
  • Message 90 of 133

2019-06-15, 9:05 AM

Here is the bug report, hope this helps though everyone has been very specific about the problem .. fix this or we will have no option but to switch to another phone ... *removed*

Edited: due to site rules violation -preferred language - Rich

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms