Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SiddheshBM
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,426
Message 1 of 103

Moto x4 low volume issue

I am facing the  problem Since after the Oreo update. At first the speaker was great. It worked fine. All the sounds were audible. But after the Oreo update it just decreased. The boot animations  sounds can't even be heard. Music played are hardly able to hear it if you are enough close  to the device.  Calls, notification can be noticed because of the vibration. I have tried everything  just like using it in safe mode,clearing the cache memory of the audio sound from the settings and I have even done factory reset but it still sounds the same. 

Please look into the matter it is faced by all the Moto devices after the Oreo update.

Please send a proper update to fix this problem. It's a request to you people.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 6,190
Message 2 of 103

Re: Moto x4 low volume issue

Hi SiddheshBM,

This is not an easy request to address. We're constantly trying to balance hearing safety with volume -- and people have different levels of hearing acuity. We have regularly shared your feedback with the product team. I want to let you know that the team is looking at your feedback. Thanks for sharing the details of your experience. Anyway, you can find apps in the Play Store that can boost sound output. 

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

SiddheshBM
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,179
Message 3 of 103

You are talking about safety it doesn't mean that you have to totally decrease the sound. I just want you tell you that the sound are have veeb decreased beyond the safety measures. Before oreo it means in nougat the sound was simply perfect. But as I received the Oreo update it just vanished. So please do look into this matter.

SiddheshBM
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,150
Message 4 of 103

It's an software bug and you expect me to boost it using a third party app. If this was the case then why I have bought this mobile,I would have done it on my old mobile . What is the use of paying 23000RS for the mobile that doesn't give me what I want JUST FOR THE BRAND . And a year have also not passed I bought this mobile.  I don't know what you people are going to do but fix this issue as early as possible.  It's frustrating me day by day.

Find the solution as early as possible. And please don't give me advices. I have done each and every step to fix  it but it's an software issue so I just can't help it.

Edited for Site Rules violation: Implied profanity.  - JM

SiddheshBM
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,148
Message 5 of 103

It's an software bug and you expect me to boost it using a third party app. If this was the case then why I have bought this mobile,I would have done it on my old mobile . What is the use of paying 23000RS for the mobile that doesn't give me what I want JUST FOR THE BRAND . And a year have also not passed I bought this mobile.  I don't know what you people are going to do but fix this issue as early as possible.  It's frustrating me day by day.

Find the solution as early as possible. And please don't give me advices. I have done each and every step to fix  it but it's an software issue so I just can't help it.

Edited for Site Rules violation: Implied profanity.  - JM

Rohit_Rajlani
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 5,991
Message 6 of 103

hi, i have been using moto x4 from last 11 months. i have faced screen issue in the beginning when i bought new phone, then within a month i got my screen replaced. Because there was screen tint.  2ndly i faced charger issue, i got my charger replaced.

Then i faced low sound issue , service center did nothing but cleaned my phone  speaker and at the same time i was facing phone gets hanged at 10 percent. at this moment everything works slow. in fact video & phone , apps open everything works very very very slow. Then i faced another issue , if u put phone in water (water jug ) in fresh water just for 5 mins , it will create speaker issue. sound gets very low.  but at this point service center declared my phone as water damage. but i told them their advertise shows phone inside swimming pool. and on the other hand warranty booklet shows if the phone is specified as water resistant in this case phone will br accepted as in warranty even if it gets damaged. But here i am facing issues with service center plus , i had challanged them to do water test of moto x4. because they know nothing about ip 68 etc. in fact i told them the standard which is 1.5 metre depth & 30 mins in fresh water.

and here my phone works fine. they had only spotted soaked water spots.

pls help me in this regard . looking for positive solution.  

This was never expected from motorola. if u urself try this , u will find bubble , means water getting inside the speaker , mic, jack , sim section.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 5,966
Message 7 of 103

@SiddheshBM wrote:

Edited for Site Rules violation: Implied profanity.  - JM

Kindly backup all your data and perform factory data reset. I would also advise you to remove your Google account from the phone before proceeding with it. Make sure that you disable the Automatic Restore option. The steps are here: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/indevice_detail/a_id/123481/p/30,6720,10317

After the reset, do not install your third-party apps all at once. Test the phone first with only the pre-installed apps on the phone. Then, install your third-party apps one at a time while continuing to observe if the issue will resurface.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

ImranK
Paper Tape
Views: 5,906
Message 8 of 103

What is the final solution? I previously used a Moto G5s whose sound clarity was loud and audible. Now I upgraded to X4 and found that it doesntd match the G5s.

ImranK
Paper Tape
Views: 5,905
Message 9 of 103

I haven't installed much third party apps. What might be the issue?
Verbal
Punch Card
Views: 5,348
Message 10 of 103

Low Speaker Volume even on 'Full Volume' setting in Moto X4

I am having this annoying speaker volume @full volume issue with my Moto X4. As far as I recall, I think this started after some update in Oreo in 2018. Headphones aren't an issue .. I, in fact, need to reduce the volume whilst on my headphones. But without headphones only on plain speakers, the Moto X4 volume is low - very low even on a full volume setting. Any breakthroughs on this one ?

Top Kudoed Authors