Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 140
Message 11 of 15

Re: Moto x4 power button not working.

Hi DRock-1,

If the power button was loosed and its functionality isn't working anymore, I would then recommend sending it to service for repair. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

therevd
Blue Screen Again
Views: 136
Message 12 of 15

Okay, so this is what happened  next. I'm in Singapore for meetings, so having already been  told by the Bangkok moto service centre my phone isn't worth repairing as the power button  is on the motherboard  and the cost of a replacement  is more than the current cost of a new x4 phone, I thought I'd get a second opinion from the Singapore moto service centre.

Long story short: finding the place wasn't at all easy, but they said they couldn't  attempt a repair, same reason because the button was on the motherboard. They were however  able to help me find a repair place who might be willing to try to fix it. 

What a difference from the service centre!

The 3rd party place called me the next day and I was expecting to hear the same old story but no they had fixed the power button with no need for a new replacement mother board. The woman at the reception explained that the reason the screen had gone black and unresponsive was because the power button was permanently pressing down causing the constant darkening of the screen. Fixing the power button solved the black screen problem as well. Why did none of the moto service centres or anyone from Motorola tell me this was the likely cause of the issue? The repair cost $Sing 60 and has worked perfectly since then. 

Unfortunately by the time I got the phone fixed, having given up on any expectation of this happening, I had already bought a replacement phone: an iPhone 8.

As it only has one Sìm slot, the motox4 is now my data phone. I am glad it was able to be fixed but after all this hassle, would I really consider buying another Moto phone? Hmm, if the X4 lasts a few more years, maybe  but I am certainly in no hurry to experience the frustration and disappointment of this past six plus months, over again.

DRock-1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 119
Message 13 of 15

But Rich other users have said they sent it in for service only to have it break two days later the service center has even told them we can't repair that phone it's a motherboard issue and it's not worth taking the motherboard out at that expense. Is there a way to start the phone from off using the boot mode by plugging in pressing volume down will it ever start without being able to press the power button?

DRock-1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 115
Message 14 of 15

This does not work for Moto X4 you need the power button to select the mode you want to start in without the power button this attempt is no good.

Highlighted
DRock-1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 114
Message 15 of 15

this does not work for Moto X4 you need to be able to use the power button to select which boot mode you want to start in the up and down volume buttons only move the menu up and down they do not select anyting.

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors