Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sijoy_v
Fanfold Paper
Views: 550
Message 1 of 15

Moto x4 selfie issue

Selfie images in Moto x4 are filled with multiple coloured boxes in entire image when shot in natural light.

This is not issue with update because I experienced this in previous versions as well.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 511
Message 2 of 15

Re: Moto x4 selfie issue

Hi sijoy_v,

Thanks for the post. Are you only seeing after taking pictures? Do you see the same with the rear camera? I would appreciate if you can share me sample photos It will help us evaluate. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

sijoy_v
Fanfold Paper
Views: 452
Message 3 of 15

Dear Rich,

Yes I see this only after taking pictures. I don't face this with rear camera but only with front camera.

What I observed is this occurs with shots taken in natural light under sunlight.

I have attached a sample photo.

Thanks,

Sijoy

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 423
Message 4 of 15

Hi sijoy_v,

Thanks for the sample photo. Does it happen with third-party camera apps? I would first like to consider the software of the camera, please make sure all apps are up to date in Play Store. Check if there's any moisture inside the camera lens too. Let me know. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

sijoy_v
Fanfold Paper
Views: 413
Message 5 of 15

Dear Rich,

No I haven't tried with any third party camera apps.Also I tried updating the app, cleared cache still the same issue.What I have analysed is, if I turn on any live filter/ beauty mode and shoot selfies in sunlight there is no problem.So the fact is when selfies that I take in sunlight without pixel break and maximum quality has the problem. But photos with pre filters( low pixel and file size) do not have any problem.But I don't want to take selfies with filters but only with natural light. Also there is no moisture inside the lens because it is not an issue with all photos but only with selfies under natural light.

I am not sure if the app is trying to adjust or process something because after taking the selfie I observed 2 seconds delay with status processing which is not the case with other shots.

Please let me know .

Thanks,

Sijoy

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 360
Message 6 of 15

Hi sijoy_v,

Sorry for the late reply. This is odd. Appreciate for clearing the camera's cache. I would also advise to clearing the camera's data (Settings > Apps > Moto Camera > Storage > Clear Data). This will reset the camera back to default settings. Once done, don't adjust any settings yet until we testing the camera. Take selfies outdoor and indoor and let me know if it occurs. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

sijoy_v
Fanfold Paper
Views: 272
Message 7 of 15

Dear Rich,

I reset the camera app as suggested by you still no luck. The images make no difference and I get the same issue. Please let me know a way to fix this.

Thanks,

Sijoy

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 229
Message 8 of 15

Hi sijoy_v,

Thanks for responding back. I just wanted to let you know that I'm currently working on this with my team. I will keep you posted. Thanks.

Edit: Can you also update your profile with the current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > System > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

See here for the instruction. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

sijoy_v
Fanfold Paper
Views: 152
Message 9 of 15

Dear Rich,

The required profile settings have been updated.Motorola privacy is turned ON. Please proceed.

Thanks,
Sijoy
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 126
Message 10 of 15

Hi sijoy_v,

Thanks! I'll forward it to the team. I'll let you know. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Top Kudoed Authors