Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto X PhonesMoto X4
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

09-30-2019

Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of)

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 41 of 51

Moto X4 Drivers not Working in Windows 10. Impossible work on web Debugging.

2019-09-30, 18:03 PM

Since last Android Update my Moto X4 is simply useless for my web programming purposes. I've tried EVERYTHING that Google and Forums (particulary this one) tells me to do. It's really frustrating and I feel like the company doesn't care about it at all.

Please avoid giving the obvious responses. Yes, I downloaded all official Drivers. Yes, I reinstalled everything clean in all possible orders. Yes, I tried with 22 different wires. Yes, I followed all Motorola/Lenovo/Google/Android guides about device troubleshooting.

Options

2 Posts

05-27-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 42 of 51

Re:Moto x4 won't connect to PC via USB

2020-05-27, 23:46 PM

Did not help.  I enabled Developer options

I selected default USB settings, but still not able to use USB for transfering.

Options

2 Posts

05-27-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 43 of 51

Re: Moto x4 won't connect to PC via USB (Solved)

2020-05-27, 23:53 PM
Did not work for me
Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Views: 178190
  • Message 44 of 51

2020-05-29, 17:52 PM

Hi Dima R,

Thanks for posting on this thread. Are you getting an error? Can you share more details on what's happening? Also, please try using another USB transfer cable. Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

6 Posts

03-02-2009

United States of America

13 Signins

92 Page Views

• Views: 92
  • Message 45 of 51

2020-09-16, 23:18 PM

? "...pull down notification shade....?

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Views: 178190
  • Message 46 of 51

2020-09-17, 18:18 PM

Hi smonrad,

Thanks for posting. I think it meant, pull down the notification bar How can I help you? 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

1 Posts

10-13-2020

Italy

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 47 of 51

2020-10-13, 12:09 PM

Hello, 

I have this problem too.

The connection issue is both on Win10 and on Win7.

Moreover also the USB OTG doesn't work.

I suspect that there is hardware problem with the connector.

Options

4519 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

782 Signins

62255 Page Views

• Views: 62255
  • Message 48 of 51

2020-10-13, 19:22 PM

Hi marco12345,

If you suspect that this is a hardware problem on the connector. We suggest to have the phone sent to a service center to have it repaired. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!

Options

169 Posts

07-05-2011

India

82 Signins

869 Page Views

• Views: 869
  • Message 49 of 51

2020-10-15, 13:10 PM
@ marco12345 : One needs to select a suitable option for connecting to the Win7/10 PC by swiping down from the notification. Many forget about this. Hope you are doing this.
Options

1 Posts

12-29-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 50 of 51

2020-12-29, 8:17 AM

@ AlphaDog wrote:

wrote:
: Still trying for Win7 but not even close. Can Motorola check if they need to patch the MTP bug because I have the requisite files in the system folders already installed?

I don' know what you mean. There is nothing to patch on Motorola side. You either have a PC issue, cable issue, or phone issue. 

Start with simple things - does the computer see the phone in device manager? If no, then the problem is the USB port on phone or pc, or cable. Try another cable, some are charge only.

If PC sees the phone, is there a yellow exclamation point over phone in device manager? If so, you have a driver issue. MTP drivers come from microsoft - not moto, so any issues with drivers are Microsoft issues. 

If PC sees phone in device manager, and there is no error, then you are doing something wrong on phone to get to pull down menu - see if a friend can help or look for a youtube video. 

All stock android phones work this way (Moto, Nexus, Pixel, etc) - 

ok mr. dog alpha. I read the whole thread. The person with the windows 7 laptop resembles what I have. I did everything everybody mentioned.

I bought my X4 new from google (fi project) while i was on a short rnr back home and spent a year deployed overseas where I tried a couple of times to connect to computers and windows tablets but never succeeded and ignored the problem because it was not urgent in a war zone. Now, I'm home and I tried again, and did the following:

1. switched different computers (computers that had no problem connecting to motorola turbo or moto g power).

2. tried different USB C cables.

3. I restarted (by turning off, waiting a lengthy period of time, and then turning on) both computer(s) and the phone.

4. I downloaded (from lenovo website) "drivers" and installed them.

5. I followed instructions on one of the entries to this thread and successfully enabled "developer options" and by doing so found a "default USB configuration" item within that has the typical 5 options (File Transfer (already chosen), USB tethering, MIDI, PTP, & No data transfer).

Symptoms:

1. When connecting the phone to a computer, there are no signs of it connected (like a notification at the bottom of the pull down notifications pane) but a battery that is charging turbo (fast).

2. computers usually show the yellow triangle with the exclamation mark (they first notify that an unknown device was connected). In device manager, right-clicking to get to properties, it says that the best driver was already installed but at the same time that the device needs no driver to operate and it throws code 43 that means that the computer stopped the device because of an unknown error!!!!!

3. it shows that the usb driver was published in 2006!!! and installing motorola drivers didn't change a thing. (Lenovo calls them Motorola Device Manager)

I had an absurd conclusion to mention; computer usb ports can not supply fast charging currents and the phone is somehow considering the computer as a charger and that is why the computer stops the phone from even trying to connect for file transfer. Call me dumb, but i simply run out of ideas. BTW, i'm an rf engineer and have been building software for decades and especially loved this comment of yours (that I am replying to) and hope that my lengthy explanation at least provide amusement and challenge to you that you end up helping me if you are seeing something i failed to notice.

BTW, I did uninstall all USB devices drivers and reinstalled them. Attached are some pics that may help (only 1st was uploadable on this site). I can add any more details and/or pics if needed.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms