Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Musketeer_moto
Paper Tape
Views: 1,735
Message 21 of 28

Re: Moto x4 won't connect to PC via USB

Yes I was shouting, so tat people at lenovo/Motorola get an idea what is the frustration level. When one put good amount of money in purchasing a mobile with Gorilla glass and steel body and it gives so many issues in just 5 months any normal person get furstated. Now the second point , as u mentioned defy and it's features which let it safe even after dropping many times. Why didn't you talked about other Moto G turbo which has same sides as Moto X 4. And as you mentioned previous mobiles are something different it clearly implies that Motorola is compromising it's quality and in order to make more profit it's making fool out of customers. The safe mode was kept for whole 24 hours and the problems with phone dialer, speaker volume, battery drainage were there. So stop making excuses and provide solution or else provide escalation matrix for Motorola senior management

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,728
Message 22 of 28

Phones are set up in the forum by model, so it would be inappropriate to discuss a G phone in the X series community.

Trust me, we all know how frustrated you are, but that doesn't give you the right to be rude.

I never said it was safe to drop a Defy or any other device.  Older designs tend to have less exposed glass, making them slightly more likely to survive a drop.

You're welcome to ask for help, and we'll do what we can, but don't tell me what to do.  I'm a volunteer, not a paid employee, and at least we deserve some courtesy from each other.

If troubleshooting, such as safe mode, does not single out a problem, then the phone should be repaired or replaced.  Here's where to start your search for a repair center.  

Musketeer_moto
Paper Tape
Views: 1,716
Message 23 of 28

Yes I was shouting, so tat people at lenovo/Motorola get an idea what is the frustration level. When one put good amount of money in purchasing a mobile with Gorilla glass and steel body and it gives so many issues in just 5 months any normal person get furstated. Now the second point , as u mentioned defy and it's features which let it safe even after dropping many times. Why didn't you talked about other Moto G turbo which has same sides as Moto X 4. And as you mentioned previous mobiles are something different it clearly implies that Motorola is compromising it's quality and in order to make more profit it's making fool out of customers. The safe mode was kept for whole 24 hours and the problems with phone dialer, speaker volume, battery drainage were there. So stop making excuses and provide solution or else provide escalation matrix for Motorola senior management

Shannddy
What's DOS?
Views: 395
Message 24 of 28

Re: Moto x4 won't connect to PC via USB (Solved)

Thanks mate. Had the same problem and this solved it. 

Btw, MTP was already selected. But anyway it started working as soon as i enabled the developer options

Verbal
Punch Card
Views: 393
Message 25 of 28

This problem has revisited my device [first reported here on 16-March, solved]. Now I don't get the drop down to be able to select file transfer option amongst other options from Win7. Wonder why?

Verbal
Punch Card
Views: 336
Message 26 of 28

OK!! It gets fixed with a restart *tsk*
jimzbkert
What's DOS?
Views: 61
Message 27 of 28

Hi, I had the same problem with the USB Connection. This is how I fixed it.

1. Connect your USB cord to your phone and computer.

2. Go into your Phone Setting.

3. You wil see Network & Internet.

4. Below that you will see Connected Devices. Tap it open.

5. Scroll down to USB (charging this device).

6. Tap it open.

7. It will give 4 options.

8. Tap Transfer Files. Now you will be able to see your SD card and Internal Item.

Note: You will only be able to do this if the USB CABLE is in.

Verbal
Punch Card
Views: 54
Message 28 of 28

@jimzbkert : You just explained the procedure - which is correct - but at times the user isn't even able to see/get the option of USB (charging the device) despite the USB cable in the laptop in the first place - only get to see the charging of the device. The solution is SIMPLY RESTART TO FIX THIS ISSUE. That's it!
Top Kudoed Authors