Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SB79
What's DOS?
Views: 454
Message 21 of 32

Re: X4 Failing to power up

Thanks for the response. 

The phone had been plugged into a charger over night, the original one from the box and did nothing. Another cable and charger brick was tried and also did nothing. The computer could not see the phone when plugged in and using the smart assist software. 

There was no boot loader, recovery option, nothing. It was blank, black, dead, no beeb, nothing.

It was sent back for yet another warranty replacement.

stewart73
SCSI Port
Views: 429
Message 22 of 32

Re: Moto x4 won't power up

my moto x4 is exactly   to the day a year old and all of a sudden....dead, the only life is when i plug into the pc via usb, when i hold the power button like you all suggest, it will disconnect from pc and reconnect. there is no other life on my motox4  .what should/can i do? it was a really nice/fast phone. 

stewart73
Alex365
What's DOS?
Views: 399
Message 23 of 32

This is happening to me too ive had this replaced already and it did the same thing again ive spent all i have on this phone and dont have anything other phone. If you can reply.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 383
Message 24 of 32

Hi Alex365,

Thanks for posting on this thread. Did you restore your apps from your previous phone? Is there any sign of life when you charge the phone? If not, tried a different charger? 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Adityeah001
Blue Screen Again
Views: 314
Message 25 of 32

hey bro, im facing a similar problem with my moto x4 xt1900-2 on android pie. my phone suddenly switched off while watching a video.

my charge was about 50% , there is no physical  damage that  caused it.

the phone wont boot uo its turning off immidietly after shoeing the moto powered by android logo.

same case if i try to charge the screen keeps blinking and battery percentage is not showing.

i think this is some king of os glitch.

please help i have tons of data that i dont want to lose.

can only boot to fastboot.

i can get past that the same happens if i select recovery mode it turns off after the logo.

HELP!!!!!! PLEASE

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 295
Message 26 of 32

Hi Adityeah001,

Good thing you're able to boot it up on fast boot. From there you'll be able to do the external reset. Please see here for the instruction and more information. Note that this will wipe out your data and files. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Adityeah001
Blue Screen Again
Views: 283
Message 27 of 32

Sorry but this couldn't help me.

I cannot get into recovery mode or faxtory mode or any mode from fastboot.

The phone just turns of after showing the 'blue moto logo'.

And i have updated to android pie the link you gave me was for moto x4 moto .

I don't want to lose any data can you help me recover my internal storage.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 270
Message 28 of 32

Hi Adityeah001,

Have you tried the LMSA tool > Rescue function? See the link on my previous post. That should help recover the phone, however, this will delete and wipe out your data. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Adityeah001
Blue Screen Again
Views: 219
Message 29 of 32

SIR,

I TRIED THE RESCUE OPTION MULTIPLE TIMES BUT THE SAME RESULT AS IN THE VIDEO.

THE PHONE SHUTS DOWN!

WHAT ELSE CAN I DO?

@Adityeah001 wrote:

Sorry but this couldn't help me.

I cannot get into recovery mode or faxtory mode or any mode from fastboot.

The phone just turns of after showing the 'blue moto logo'.

And i have updated to android pie the link you gave me was for moto x4 moto .

I don't want to lose any data can you help me recover my internal storage.

Highlighted
RedneckSavant1
Paper Tape
Views: 203
Message 30 of 32

I'm curious.  And I honestly don't mean to sound hostile here.  But I am curious.

A customer tells a moto support agent that their phone won't power up, that they've done everything in the recommended options above (including long press of power), and the support agent tells them to turn the phone on?

I'm curious how telling someone to turn their phone on when they already state it won't come on was intended to accomplish something?

PS I landed here searching for ways to fix the same brick phone after October update that all these other loyal Moto customers are having.  Makes me wonder - did the SEP bricks get the update earlier than I did?  Is Lenovo purposefully bricking Moto phones to allow reduction in competent support staff?  

If you start a class action lawsuit to resolve the loss of your phone because Moto hasn't done jack to help you - please be kind enough to contact me so I can join!

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors